• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skippy02

Marksman
    I think the Glock factory minus connector when polished is the best, personally but then again that's just my two cents.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

FUPAGUNT

Master
    I liked the Scherer connectors when I used to tinker with my Glocks, a close second was Glock OEM. Now I just leave them stock. No need to mess with em if you know how to shoot :evil:

Last edited:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Tonight I installed an extended mag catch and extended slide stop in my CCP Glock 19. I also used a sharpie to create the "poor man's fiber optic sights". Now I just need to swap the Ghost Rocket trigger from my G26 and it'll be ready to go.

20150911_214534_zpsas3tofxy.jpg

20150911_214618_zps8mdghivv.jpg

Nice find on the USA 19

Rapier

Marksman
    Today I am rust bluing a guy's Colt 1911 a mission of mercy.
    Ed

Snow Bird

Master
    Trying to decide weather to order a Springfield Gange Officer to go with the Ruger SR1911 or not. Try them both and sell one.

Gas Port

Master
    Just ordered a slide, match barrel and small parts from Wilson Combat. Starting a project to convert my colt 1911 bowling pin gun into a legal IDPA CDP. Might take a while to tune.

Kanaloa

Master
    Had to make a trade. The X ring is a 5 shot group at 30 feet with Remington 9mm. The lower groups are from my Sig. I don't think the CZ is that much more accurate than the Sig. I was probably just trying harder. Lots of fun for an old and slow guy with crappy vision.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      577.9 KB · Views: 183

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Made a short video of part of our range time on Saturday. The first time I tried to see how fast I could shoot my competition AR with the Hiperfire Hipertouch 24C trigger.

Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    Is that Miculek brake? Rifle stayed way flat.. I still have the amazon brake I bought from you on one of my rifles and it stays fairly flat but not quite like that.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Is that Miculek brake? Rifle stayed way flat.. I still have the amazon brake I bought from you on one of my rifles and it stays fairly flat but not quite like that.

Yeah, I've got the Miculek comp on both my competition rifle and my backup. I don't think you can beat it for the price. The Amazon brake is supposed to be very similar, but I gave up trying to get it clocked correctly. I've heard that the SJC Titan brake is pretty much the best around, but it's about 3x what the Miculek comp costs.

Skippy02

Marksman

I've also got Mickulek brakes on 1 of my AR's and my 308 bolt gun, they are impressively effective.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    So besides taking some gun photos and listing a gun for sale yesterday, I also loaded about 300 rounds of 9mm yesterday evening. I guess my Dillon decided it hated me because I had all sorts of little issues pop up. First, the case feeder limit switch kept getting caught in the feed tube, so I had to move the feeder up a little on the post. I crushed a primer, which cause primer dust to get everywhere on the shell holder. I had to stop and clean all of that off. Then my spent primer chute clogged up, which prevented cases from being decapped. That took about 15 minutes to clean out. Then my low primer rod got stuck a few inches off the bottom, so I ran out of primers and didn't realize it. Finally, after fixing everything, I just walked away. I'll try it again this afternoon and see if goes smoother.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    So yesterday afternoon at the reloading bench went much, much smoother than on Sunday afternoon. I got in such a grove, that I loaded 700 rounds instead of the 300 I had planned. Added to the 300 I loaded the evening before, that comes out to 1000 rounds in about 2 hours. The only hiccups I had were a seemingly higher percentage of crimped primers than usual.

pcolagunner

Master
    Skate Board Tape on my Glock

Put some skate board tape on my Glock this weekend. Going to shoot it tonight. Feels good just dry firing.

Attachments

• IMG_20150913_183857393.jpg
      IMG_20150913_183857393.jpg
      81.7 KB · Views: 143
    • IMG_20150913_183908124.jpg
      IMG_20150913_183908124.jpg
      83.3 KB · Views: 146
    Top Bottom