• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skippy02

Marksman
    I spent yesterday creating this...
    097d19cc83f86be5605b60c53d06173f.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I had a good day. I met up with a fellow GCGF member and picked up 500 rounds of M855 ammo. Afterwards, I met a guy from Armslist to make a trade for a Glock 43. I had been trying to get on for months and I was finally able to get one. That now makes eleven Glocks in my collection.

I just made a trade with a friend of mine for another AR (#38 now). I traded one of the remaining 1911s I had. The AR is a budget build that I helped him piece together last year. It does have a PSA 16" mid-length 1/7 5.56 NATO upper. Now, to change a few things to make it suit me. I am still working on another AR. Maybe I will have it tomorrow.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Picked up a new(to me) M&P 9 for my wife. Nate from Little Jacks was cool as always and installed an apex DCEAK trigger and we took it to the range this morning. Having only dry fired the stock m&p trigger to compare to this one, I'm impressed with it. Smooth pull throughout the take up and a crisp, clean break. This model, I was told, does not have the RAM(still learning the parts) so the reset is very light. Overall I am pleased with it, it runs a close second to the PRP trigger on my xdm, although the cost comparison and additional parts on that one does set it apart. She's happy with it and was consistent on the steel targets by the end of a few mags. Her first time shooting for an extended period of time and she enjoyed it. I may end up "borrowing" it for an IDPA match in the future.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I loaded over 600 rounds of 9mm major on Monday and Tuesday evenings. I would have finished on Monday, but I ran out of clean, once fired brass since I forgot to turn on my tumbler the night before.

Yesterday I was in the local bike shop and saw that all their GoPro stuff was 20% off. This included the camera's, so I bought a Hero 4 Black. The video quality of my future shooting videos should be much improved, even if it's not visible on youtube.

Skippy02

Marksman
    a27bc38a92245b28bc3da88f2f1796fe.jpg

Cranked this out of the shop last night

Skippy02

Marksman
    Are you using the flat end of the soldering iron tip?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I've got a hobbyist heat tool with variable temp and interchangeable tips that I'm using now

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I've got a hobbyist heat tool with variable temp and interchangeable tips that I'm using now

Fancy. I ended up making my own soldering iron tip out of a screw to get the desired pattern on my SV. Unfortunately I never took a picture of the tip.

e45a153848af75715b5853ff3b0dead9.jpg

Skippy02

Marksman
    Fancy. I ended up making my own soldering iron tip out of a screw to get the desired pattern on my SV. Unfortunately I never took a picture of the tip.

e45a153848af75715b5853ff3b0dead9.jpg

That looks really good bro ! When I first started experimenting with this I was using a soldering iron and a old wore out tip that I would grind and bend for different effects.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    ^^^I really want to remove the grip tape and do something similar to my XDM. I need to practice on some more pmags first.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Skippy02

Marksman
    ^^^I really want to remove the grip tape and do something similar to my XDM. I need to practice on some more pmags first.

I've yet to do an X series pistol but beware that P-Mag poly is much more resilient than Glock poly and Ruger poly and several other items I've done. That's likely true with the XdM as well.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Thanks fellas, I'm definitely cautious going into something like that. I surely don't want it looking like a 3 yr old made a cheese grater.

Stagman

Master
    I can see stippling a gun with removable grips like a 1911, but altering the frame on the gun is not my cup of tea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom