• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I shot the MPSA USPSA match yesterday with jogan, JWlineman, Gas Port, Bones2586, elchancery, and Rick1967. Had a great time, as always, even though my shooting could always be better.

Here are my match videos:

I'll do a write up of each stage in my training thread tomorrow when I have more time.

I also installed a set of Dawson sights yesterday, loaded up 500 rounds of 9mm this morning and will hopefully be installing another set of Dawson sights shortly.

Snow Bird

Master
    Found a place about a mile from the house today to shoot. Had a better than normal day shooting. Shot the Range Officet after I painted the rear site. Put some white nail polish on it to help me get the front site down where it belongs. I was haveing a hard time bring it down in the notch. So now my sites are green and white.

The lighter loads and the sights improved my beween shot times ALOT. I am now going to start looking for a shot timer for sure to start seeing how I am doing.

Shot the XDS and FINALLY figured how to pull that trigger without throwing shots all over the place. If I can shoot half this good in the next match I should have some Down 0 stages. The way today went Even I did'nt know I was that good. Now to forget about that Damn buzzer

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    You know the movies are not real right? They don't generally use real guns.
    If you're referring to my post, yes I do. Hence the wink smiley at the end of the post and the follow-up post regarding six-shot revolvers in movies.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    The second set of sights were delivered yesterday afternoon, so I installed them while watching the Lady Vols disappointing basketball game. It's kinda goofy putting Dawson Competition sights on a Glock 26, but I REALLY like the sight picture they give. I ought to be able to get some decent precision at the GSSF match in a couple weeks.

Then, I did some research on whether or not its worth upgrading my Dillon 650 to a 1050 while watching the Super Bowl. I'm still undecided.

I got a new muzzle brake in for my multi gun rifle last week and I realized that I don't want to remove the optic in order to clamp the upper in a vice to install the new brake. I've heard great things about the Magpul Bev Block and saw that Primary Arms has them on sale right now for $41 shipped, so I just ordered one.

madeSICC88

Master
    What brake did you go with? I got the Surefire Procomp here for my next rifle. I shot a AR10 this winter with the same brake and liked the way it worked so I got it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Telum Pisces

Master
    Budget AR build is complete with budget red dot! Went with the Bushnell TR-25. As a kiddos rifle and occasional range session gun, I couldn't justify spending more than the gun for something like an Aimpoint etc...

But slapped it on and hope to get this thing out and blasting away with my kiddos soon!

Attachments

• IMG_5716s.jpg
      IMG_5716s.jpg
      123.7 KB · Views: 132
    • IMG_5717s.jpg
      IMG_5717s.jpg
      116.1 KB · Views: 129
    • IMG_5718.JPG
      IMG_5718.JPG
      82.2 KB · Views: 129
    • IMG_5719s.jpg
      IMG_5719s.jpg
      71.8 KB · Views: 128

madeSICC88

Master
    What barrel are you using. Still deciding on what barrel I want. Most likely going with a Faxon or Stainless KAK

Dan1612

Master
    Won me an auction on GunBroker.
    Whoo Hoo!
    c2be6269bf8a9182a5a3b788aeb34b93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madeSICC88

Master
    Nice. Faxon has awesome reviews, I want to go with their Gunner profile barrel. Hard to find in stock anywhere but they said they should have some here pretty soon.

Dan1612

Master
    Is that black or really dark blue? And is that .45? Does WC make a 9mm?
    Awesome win, its a beauty
    f9331d9f3c4897d85ad6ef5a32ce69b4.jpg

Thanks! I had one just like it before, but Eric conned it away from me. Lol. It's all black Armor-Tuff. It colors slightly different on aluminum vs steel, but you cannot tell in person. It's 45, I've had a couple of 9's, but I'm really a 45 shooter at heart. A 1911 in 45 is what I started shooting with, and it's what I've shot the most in my time, so it's what I'm sticking to for carry, HD, and competition.

Last edited:

Danwin22

Shooter
    Took some pictures of a couple of my .22 guns today.

Here is my CZ 452 American with Nikon 3-9 X 40 scope and a Ruger MK-III Target.
    CZ 452 & MKIII Target.jpg

This is my Henry Golden Boy with a Heritage Rough Rider 6.5"
    Henry Golden Boy & Heritage Rough Rider.jpg

Winchester 490 with Ruger MK-II

Attachments

• CZ 452 & MKIII Target.jpg
      CZ 452 & MKIII Target.jpg
      116.9 KB · Views: 143
    • Henry Golden Boy & Heritage Rough Rider.jpg
      Henry Golden Boy & Heritage Rough Rider.jpg
      120.7 KB · Views: 148
    • Winchester 490 & Ruger MK II.jpg
      Winchester 490 & Ruger MK II.jpg
      92.8 KB · Views: 144
    • Rossi 62 & HS Duramatic.jpg
      Rossi 62 & HS Duramatic.jpg
      109 KB · Views: 148

ksenter

Master
    building an AR for the old man. Bought lower today at TGD, came home and ordered rifle kit from PSA. Found a great deal on rifle kit on their "daily deal". Also, ordered Seekins rail to button up a new upper I've been working on for a short bit.

Top Bottom