• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bohica793

Master
    Beware of the PPU brass. The stuff I got was only good for two loads before it started blowing primers (No, the loads were not near max). Also PPU brass is large primer whereas standard is small primer. The rumor is that they make their brass by resizing 7.62x39 surplus.

Weird. Must be a 6.5 grendel bug going around. I just got all my parts in today.

JP enterprise 20" 1/8 twist barrel w/ matching bolt
    Aero precision billet upper
    JP enterprise adjustable gas block
    Midwest 15" keymod free float rail
    AAC 51T Brake

Optics:

Vortex 4-16x44 EBR-2c reticle
    Burris PEPR mount.

Supressor:
    AAC SDN-6 30cal

Cant wait to see the groupings with this one.

Will post pics and range report.

Got some:
    Prvi partizan: 120gr hpbt ammo
    Wolf ammo: 100gr hpbt ammo
    Hornandy: 123gr amax ammo
    Hornandy: 123gr sst ammo

Doc

RackinRay

Master
    Rigging up the Ruger Take Down 10/22 I picked up. Installed scope base, and fitted/mounted Primary Arms red dot sight. Sling swivels and sling are the last additions to it, then to the range with it.

Dan1612

Master
    Today I visited the good people at ECSO and got a finger print card done, so that I could mail it in with my FFL application. Only to find out that being zoned R-1AAA, a home occupational license shall not be issued for activities that fall under the jurisdiction of the BATF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Dan, sounds like you need to rent a space/building? Could be a shell or workplace but could you then still do some business from the house if your FFL was in another location?

Dan1612

Master
    The problem is that one of my buildings is occupied, and the other 2 are downtown in the historic district, which supposedly had a statute agains gun shops. I need to look into that more closely. I don't want to rent anything, at least not yet. Don't need more overhead.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    You just need 100sq' of the rented building...Got to be a cheap rental in that town somewhere or a corner of an existing business. Our Army Navy Surplus Store rented a wall to a FFL here in FWB.

wildrider666

Master
    Today I visited the good people at ECSO and got a finger print card done, so that I could mail it in with my FFL application. Only to find out that being zoned R-1AAA, a home occupational license shall not be issued for activities that fall under the jurisdiction of the BATF.

Talk about heavy handed back door firearm restrictions! I guess micro brew, custom wine labeling and discount smokes are out too. I wonder what year that was imposed?

Daezee

Master
    Doing my once a year take down, thorough cleaning, and gaging of bore wear of my Robinson Arms XCR-L in 300 Blackout. Other than needing bore cleaning, the design is such that the rifle doesn't get real dirty, so once a year thorough cleaning is fine. And, FWIW, per the bore wear so far, its calculated bbl life in jacketed rounds is 16,750, similar to my other Blackouts.

Also taking the 1-6x scope off and putting on a dot sight so I can use the 1-6x on another rifle.

Dan1612

Master
    If I ever get the stupid idea to go shoot the classifier again. Someone please slap me. Thanks.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    If I ever get the stupid idea to go shoot the classifier again. Someone please slap me. Thanks.

Glad I had to work today...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ryan

Master
    Been a busy week for me but managed to get some range time this morning. Still breaking the G43 in. After shooting my Sig and dry firing my trigger pull is getting really consistent. Made lots of money the last week selling all non needed gun stuff but now I'm trying not to get the itch to buy more lol.

Dan1612

Master
    ...Made lots of money the last week selling all non needed gun stuff but now I'm trying not to get the itch to buy more lol.
    Nonsense! Get a rifle for 2-gun.

Ryan

Master
    tell people to stop messing up my bids for a DD AR and I'll get one lol. I might just snag a colt since I can get a nice LE discount off the nets. Would be for the house since the ranges near SC that I can afford are mostly indoor 25 yard stuff.

Dan1612

Master
    Colt, BCM, or LMT would also make for a nice all purpose carbine.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Pretty busy gun weekend. Dry fired and packed up Friday night for the IDPA classifier on Saturday, shot the classifier Saturday morning, then picked up my 1050 Saturday afternoon. I didn't get home until about 8pm, but I stayed up until I almost finished setting it up. I finished the last couple bits yesterday morning, then cranked out about 600 rounds. I'm going to hit the range this weekend just to verify the PF and function (same recipe I was using with my 1050, just making sure the crimp is the same, mainly) before I load up a few thousand. I'm loving the 1050, though there was nothing wrong with the 650. I also moved the mag pouches around on my USPSA belt to a Limited setup for the Jabs steel match next month.

kendive

Master
    Sold my FX Verminator MkII EXTREME airgun for $2.5k and got my Career Dragon .50 on the airgun forums gotta make some room on the airgun side of the safe. LOL... Once it's gone gonna pick up one of these bad boys.

Just trying to decide on what cal and stock color. Always wanted a .308 airgun. Most likely what I will pick

http://www.extremebigboreairrifles.com/

Top Bottom