• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    The transfer bar system(same as the one in NEF Handi Rifles) that are in the Ruger Blackhawks also prevent the weapon from dischargeing when the hammer is pulled PARTIALLY to the rear and let go. As the hammer is moving fwd the transfer bar is lowering and the top part of the hammer falls on the top of the frame.

So if the hammer hooks on a branch while moving thru the woods,or you thumb slips off of it when it is drawn "almost" fully to the rear,then snaps fwd,the weapon will not discharge. --- SAWMAN

madeSICC88

Master
    Finally got around to getting the lower receiver I want ordered. Almost done with my parts ordering. Been going slow as I haven't heard back from my accountant yet regarding my taxes so I don't know my damage this year yet.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I went over the Ammunition Sales Co. this morning and picked up the two McKay Enterprises RM16A2 lowers I just ordered a few days ago. One of them is to start a new base model A4 build and the other was to replace the DPMS lower I had on my M4 clone. I did a little distressing work on the lower for the M4 and I now have it installed. I am slowly gathering parts for the A4 build as money comes available. I just need to sell the two 1911s I have had for sale.

Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    I went over the Ammunition Sales Co. this morning and picked up the two McKay Enterprises RM16A2 lowers I just ordered a few days ago. One of them is to start a new base model A4 build and the other was to replace the DPMS lower I had on my M4 clone. I did a little distressing work on the lower for the M4 and I now have it installed. I am slowly gathering parts for the A4 build as money comes available. I just need to sell the two 1911s I have had for sale.

The more you post these vintage style rifles, the more I feel I need one. They are awesome. What's your favorite variant?

Last edited:
    The more you post these vintage style rifles, the more I feel I need one. They are awesome. What's your favorite variant?

It is hard to say what my favorite is to tell you the truth. I like them all. I love the old school ARs. I like the new stuff too and I have my share of them, but I have a strong affinity for the vintage/retro stuff.

madeSICC88

Master
    Got my upper and handguard painted today. The color is exactly what I wanted. Came out pretty even. Need to get my.lower this week and get that painted so that can have a week or 2 to dry while I get the rest of my parts. All the plastics and the majority of the small parts will be FDE.
    49ec3b3affef00c5958b1a4973c773b2.jpg

I suck at pictures, it's much darker than what it looks like.

Ryan

Master
    have a chance to pick up a gen 2 KSG for 640 OTD. I like the concept of a home defense bullpup shotgun but the reviews seem in the air. Would you pick it up?

rtprthd

Master
    have a chance to pick up a gen 2 KSG for 640 OTD. I like the concept of a home defense bullpup shotgun but the reviews seem in the air. Would you pick it up?
    At that price you could try it and see. If it doesn't work out I would think you could recoup your cash pretty easily. Maybe even make a few extra bucks off of it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ryan

Master
    Only thing that scares me is having to take the time to dump it. I think at 640 I should be able to find someone to take it. Still tossed I only have about an hour to decide.

for today about to hit the range..USPS was supposed to deliver some new sights, grips, etc. but apparently they won't deliver because my "Business is closed" so not getting it today.

Snow Bird

Master
    Put a Red dot on the S W 15-22 t6oday and shot it. I guess with my eye being bad that a red dot even with a 5 mil dot isn't going to work very well.

Who makes a scope with a tri plex I think they call it. It's three times thicker cross hairs. I have one on my 10-22 tut it is pretty big and I really don't want to take it off I really don,t want to spend alot ofmoney on it because I am only going to use this for a fun gun and maybe use it for the side matches as I got lucky and scored quit a few .22 when Academey opened up in Foley.

Snow Bird

Master
    Put a Red dot on the S W 15-22 t6oday and shot it. I guess with my eye being bad that a red dot even with a 5 mil dot isn't going to work very well.

Who makes a scope with a tri plex I think they call it. It's three times thicker cross hairs. I have one on my 10-22 but it is pretty big and I really don't want to take it off I really don,t want to spend alot ofmoney on it because I am only going to use this for a fun gun and maybe use it for the side matches as I got lucky and scored quit a few .22 when Academey opened up in Foley.

Snow Bird

Master
    Think I found out what I was looking for. They call it a R4 Reticle now.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Extremely busy weekend, but I managed to fit in some gun stuff. I loaded primer tubes Friday night, swung by the range for a few minutes on Saturday morning to test some ammo, got my ECC holster modified to fit the Boss hanger yesterday morning, then had about an hour long practice session at the range yesterday afternoon. And I spent a few minutes here and there pulling the handle on my press, which netted 400-500 rounds.

Dan1612

Master
    Picked up some sweet BUIS for the 308.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457375776.660116.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457375776.660116.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457375776.660116.jpg
      52.7 KB · Views: 161

Dan1612

Master
    I don't care who you are. These things are cool!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457409295.714579.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457409323.762207.jpg
    And I really like the sight picture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457409295.714579.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457409295.714579.jpg
      38.5 KB · Views: 158
    • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457409323.762207.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457409323.762207.jpg
      32 KB · Views: 150
    Dante, those are pretty slick. Can they be configured to flip to the right or left depending if the shooter is a righty or a lefty?

Top Bottom