• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    According to Ruger, since the pistol has a magazine disconnect the dummy mag is to be used (by dummies?) to "facilitate safe disassembly and safe dry fire". No doubt a lawyer's idea.

Huh, I've bought 2rugers; an LCP and an sr22 and neither one came with that. Guess it's something new.
    Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    You might tell your 5 year old daughter that the IHMSA has a seperate Junior division wherein the Juniors, 12 or under, compeate only against other juniors. It really adds to a family event to have everyone out on the range spotting or competing in their respective categories and class. The juniors grow up participating in an organized sport with ever present safety and ethical relations built with other competitors.

Over 30 years in competition I have watched a lot of Juniors develop into some very good citizens.
    Ed

Maybe some day, this is actually the first time I've let her handle a gun. Trying to get her use to them but she's not quite mature enough yet for me to feel confident in just handing her a firearm. I was outback plinking and she just wanted to do what I was doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcolagunner

Master
    CMP Range

Went and shot a GSSF match at the CMP range in Talladega AL this weekend. WOW!, what a facility! If you've never been it's worth the drive.

Attachments

• CMP.jpg
      CMP.jpg
      248.7 KB · Views: 223

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I shot the Endless Summer Blast in Dothan yesterday.

I had some magazine problems (I'm going to buy some new springs and see if that fixes the problem) and a huge brain fart after a couple botched reloads, but it was one of my best matches overall. I'm getting more used to the gun, which is good.

POV video is coming in a few hours, and I'll write up my thoughts in my training thread.

ksenter

Master
    brought home a Springfield 1903 yesterday and also found a Trilux optic for the FAL suit mount system. I'd call it a successful weekend

SCTaylor

Expert
    Bought a Rock Island 1911 in 9mm from Bud's, $556 to my door. It's stupid cheap, so lets see how well it holds up!

Finally made the decision to go with a 1911 to try single stack in USPSA after my match Saturday. It looks like I would have won single stack division if I'd been shooting that instead of Production (8th of 32). Hider class here I come!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I always carry a 9mm but today I went to walmart and a couple other places and wore my new 45, I felt like I put my big boy pants on. It felt great and very comfortable, even more secure than normal...this could become a habit!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    cleaned a couple guns today including FAL, Rem700, and Kahr CW9. Got a few more to catch up on

I have a few for you to clean if you need more to do

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Made it to the range this morning with a good friend. Ran the timer on some draw/2 shot drills, keeping everything under 1.75 secs. Had the opportunity to shoot his x95, set up for lefty though, pretty cool rifle but I was fumbling with the control locations. Totally different than my familiar AR setups, still fun but I'll stick with what I know...
    07b5ebbaa44a25a01bc866793d0766c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

pcolagunner

Master
    Made it to the range this morning with a good friend. Ran the timer on some draw/2 shot drills, keeping everything under 1.75 secs. Had the opportunity to shoot his x95, set up for lefty though, pretty cool rifle but I was fumbling with the control locations. Totally different than my familiar AR setups, still fun but I'll stick with what I know...
    07b5ebbaa44a25a01bc866793d0766c0.jpg

Under 1.75 thats good. Looks like a beautiful morning to be out there. I'm jealous but I will be out there tomorrow and Sunday.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    It was a good morning to shoot, business started picking up as we were finishing. Glad to have some range time, it's therapeutic.

MarkS

Master
    Ordered a new 1/3 co-witness mount for the red dot I bought from crazydoc as I don't like the absolute co-witness I have and a new AR multi tool to re-torque my buffer tube, all from Primary Arms

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Went to the range today with several guns but mainly to wring out my new Ruger. Thought it looked kinda funky how close the guide rod comes to the barrel but the gun had no issues other than shooting a little low, which may have been me.

The only hiccup I had was when I went to load a Tomcat magazine and noticed how small the cartridge was. In a hurry this morning my dumbazz grabbed a box of .25 out of the safe instead of .32.
    2jan3nq.jpg

wa0fly.jpg

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Went to the range today with several guns but mainly to wring out my new Ruger. Thought it looked kinda funky how close the guide rod comes to the barrel but the gun had no issues other than shooting a little low, which may have been me.

The only hiccup I had was when I went to load a Tomcat magazine and noticed how small the cartridge was. In a hurry this morning my dumbazz grabbed a box of .25 out of the safe instead of .32.
    2jan3nq.jpg

wa0fly.jpg
    That doesn't look right. Is the guide rod in the correct notch?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Didn't feel like cleaning it today but will be field stripping it tomorrow and I will check.

The angle of the pic may make it look closer than it really is, but it is pretty damn close. I disassembled it when I got it but today was the first time I shot it, and it ran fine.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Didn't feel like cleaning it today but will be field stripping it tomorrow and I will check.

The angle of the pic may make it look closer than it really is, but it is pretty damn close. I disassembled it when I got it but today was the first time I shot it, and it ran fine.
    Looking through some images (https://www.google.com/search?q=rug...tYQ_AUImwMoAg#tbm=isch&q=ruger+lc9s+guide+rod), none look as close to the barrel as yours.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom