• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcolagunner

Master
    I've ended up with a spare DeltaPoint Pro that I'm trying to decide what to do with. I was originally going to sell it, but Leupold dropped the price down to a point where I'd just as soon keep it.

Here are a few of my options:

*Sell it, make some $$$ to spend on bullets/powder/primers
    *Keep it in the box as a backup in case one of them on my open guns goes out.
    *Buy a Suarez (or other aftermarket) Glock slide that's already milled for the optic and potentially use it for carry optics/range toy
    *Use my GSSF coupon to see if I can find a G19 or G17 MOS in a reasonable time, mount the optic and use for carry optics/range toy
    *Use my GSSF coupon to buy a G17 and send the factory slide off for milling. This would basically mean the optic would need to stay with the gun forevermore.

Any opinions on the matter?

I say go with option 4. Use your GSSF coupon and get a G19 and mount the optic. Would be a cool carry option and also fun at the range.

wildrider666

Master
    I thought the CZ Scale grips might be similar to the Dragon Scale grips for 1911s. Not even close! Users won't have to worry about their mags overheating. Lol!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I thought the CZ Scale grips might be similar to the Dragon Scale grips for 1911s. Not even close! Users won't have to worry about their mags overheating. Lol!
    Nope, not the same at all. For those wondering, this is what the CZ/Tanfo scale grips look like:

b9d8f6085ebb17f90df2d8bed3162bd8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

barebones1

Marksman
    I've ended up with a spare DeltaPoint Pro that I'm trying to decide what to do with. I was originally going to sell it, but Leupold dropped the price down to a point where I'd just as soon keep it.

*Buy a Suarez (or other aftermarket) Glock slide that's already milled for the optic and potentially use it for carry optics/range toy
    *Use my GSSF coupon to see if I can find a G19 or G17 MOS in a reasonable time, mount the optic and use for carry optics/range toy
    *Use my GSSF coupon to buy a G17 and send the factory slide off for milling. This would basically mean the optic would need to stay with the gun forevermore.

Carry optics glock

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer

I already have a 19 so give it to me to make yourself feel good?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I loaded 700 rounds of ammo this morning, took the 1050 off my bench, and started tumbling 2K rounds to get the lube off before my back told me it was time to rest. I'm going to get back after it in a little while and do some dry fire as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    I had to take a bunch of lawn furniture up to the farm. In the spring I will sand blast it all and paint it when it is warmer. While there I milled two keeper slots into the top of the RWS target pellet rifle's frame. Finally got some real air gun scope rings with built in internal posts to keep the rings on that reverse recoiling spring gun.

Now I need a internal clothes line or some such to hold a pile of gun rugs and ippered gun cases. These things take up a lot of room and when hung, a lot of wall space.
    Ed

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Now I need a internal clothes line or some such to hold a pile of gun rugs and ippered gun cases. These things take up a lot of room and when hung, a lot of wall space.
    Ed

I was thinking a shower rod and hooks but I don't really have a place to hang that. Let us know your solution.

453160-shower-curtain-hooks-chrome.jpg

Attachments

• 453160-shower-curtain-hooks-chrome.jpg
      453160-shower-curtain-hooks-chrome.jpg
      8.8 KB · Views: 343

Daezee

Master
    Took my shortest SBR AR upper and sighted it in w/suppressor in place. Plan: Shoot from inside my ground blind at deer without having to stick the bbl out so as to not scare the deer away.

Rapier

Marksman
    I was thinking a shower rod and hooks but I don't really have a place to hang that. Let us know your solution.

View attachment 50051

John, I think those hooks would work better that clothes hangers. Right now I think I have enough twisted galvanized wire to hook up a couple of heavy eye screws from one wall to another. If I need middle support, I can use a steel shelf support with a smaller eye bolt hung at the tip, attached to the wall. I still need to put up ventelated shelving in the vault for dry frozen food supplies, as emergency supplies.

Looks like another muzzle down shelf / rack is needed for long guns. I need to figure that design also.
    Ed

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I took a vacation day today, since I was supposed to shoot the Swamp Challenge yesterday, so I'm going to make the most of it. I case gauged 2500 rounds of 9 major yesterday afternoon, so that means I have about 4K ready to shoot.

Once the dogs finish eating and I finish my coffee, I'm going to head to the range. My back still isn't up to a lot of jerky movement, so I'm going to check my zero at a few different distances and work on transitions and SHO/WHO shooting.

SCTaylor

Expert

I really like the mill job Suarez did on my G19, wound up selling it though. Why? Got spoiled by the grip angle of CZ/Tanfos. It took just at 4 weeks to mill & return, well worth the money.

I'd go with the MOS system using the GSSF coupon, it'll still do what you want but easy enough to toss on another optic or sell as is.

madeSICC88

Master
    How do.you get that out without damaging the barrel? Seems like that would be a pain

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    How do.you get that out without damaging the barrel? Seems like that would be a pain

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

A little trick I learned in 'Nam.

Actually, I tried using my brass squib rod, but there wasn't a lip for it to catch on. I tried pulling a bore snake through from the muzzle end, but that didn't work either. I ended up pulling the bore snake from the chamber end, to where the bristles were just past the brass, then I pulled it backwards. The bristles caught the edge of the brass and pulled it out.

I suspected a piece of stepped brass, which was confirmed when I found the case head. I sort these out of my 9 major brass, but I guess one slipped through.

20161212_130842_zpstcml1vmc.jpg

ksenter

Master
    went to Jims Firearms and looked at a few things. Of all the fun and supercool things in there in the 4-5,000 range, I was struck by probably the cheapest rifle in the building. They have a Chiappa survival rifle in .22lr. Its a single shot, break-open action, wire stock, threaded barrel in 1/2x28, hahaha, it was a cool lil thing. I think it was priced at $199, and I want one!!!!

Top Bottom