• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • capt.joe

Master
    Shoehorned one of two big file cabinets into the house so I can get set up for reloading. I'm going to make a counter top on one of them

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Sat and stared at over 2k of.223 brass that needs chamferred and pockets swaged. Decided to save them for a different rainy day.

kendive

Master
    Messed around with my Christmas toy from the wife the other day... The Labradar Chrono. I wish this rain would stop so I can take it to the land and really give it a good test. But for now it back yard shooting with the .25 Vulcan Bullpup PCP Airgun.

This thing is pretty neat as it can tell you the speed of the bullet out to 100 yards away and after you enter the bullet weight it will also give you the Power Factor and Kinetic Energy of the projectile.

2d0bck1.jpg

99p9jn.jpg

Last edited:

young gun

Shooter
    Got called out of work today because of the weather so decided to put a little kit together. Bought the kit a couple weeks ago and finally got the 2nd gun for it su day. Can't wait to try it out!

Attachments

• IMG_20170102_153423.jpg
      IMG_20170102_153423.jpg
      1,019.8 KB · Views: 227

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Today I'm going to work on straightening up my gun room and getting rid of a lot of unused stuff. Or I might just take a nap.

I was actually able to get a lot done in my gun room on Sunday. My bench and closet still need some work, but progress is progress. I decided I'm going to put up slatwall panels one one wall and get rid of my particle board bookshelf, but that's a project for a later date.

SCTaylor

Expert
    Picked up a Sig P320 RX yesterday, the one that comes with a Red Dot! Might shoot it in USPSA but the plan is to replace my CZ75B as a EDC gun. It's basically the same size just much lighter.

Also shot some USPSA classifier stages at a live fire practice, coming in B class. Super happy about that!

RackinRay

Master
    Primed 100 rounds of new brass for the 45 Colt, and discovered my Unique powder (pretty common in 45 Colt load recipes) was almost out. Remembered seeing an local ad for 1 lb cans of Unique, and scored a fresh pound on the way home. Ready to roll some 45 Colt loads!

ksenter

Master
    Received my new 10.5" 300blk barrel and stripped upper receiver today. Will be utilized as a suppressor host. Gonna include items made for the specific purposes of making shooting suppressed more enjoyable including a ported forward assist, drilled charging handle, etc. Been a while since I built anything AR for myself and I'm enjoying it.
    c8f82b305b314842490106b7ef7cc565.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I finally heard back on Tuesday from the manufacturer of the gun that cracked, so I packed the gun up last night and printed out the shipping label just now. It's going to cost me about $100 to ship it back to him for repair. Ugh.

I'm looking to possibly pick up another open gun since I don't know how long it will take for this one to get back to me. I've already had someone offer me a Limcat that's awfully tempting, I just don't know if I want to spend that much at the moment.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Picked up a Sig P320 RX yesterday, the one that comes with a Red Dot! Might shoot it in USPSA but the plan is to replace my CZ75B as a EDC gun. It's basically the same size just much lighter.

Also shot some USPSA classifier stages at a live fire practice, coming in B class. Super happy about that!

Are you stuck with one of the Sig dots on it, or can you swap to a different kind?

SCTaylor

Expert
    I finally heard back on Tuesday from the manufacturer of the gun that cracked, so I packed the gun up last night and printed out the shipping label just now. It's going to cost me about $100 to ship it back to him for repair. Ugh.

I'm looking to possibly pick up another open gun since I don't know how long it will take for this one to get back to me. I've already had someone offer me a Limcat that's awful tempting, I just don't know if I want to spend that much at the moment.

See if you can use "Ship My Gun" it's part of Bud's and pretty cheap. I shipped a few guns w/ ~ $800 insurance overnight for $50.

Are you stuck with one of the Sig dots on it, or can you swap to a different kind?

It's the Romeo 1 dot only right now. But it would be pretty easy to have a machine shop open the slot for other dots. I'm impressed with the gun & dot in dry fire, hoping to get on the range this week. Got a normal match on the 14th and a classifier match on the 29th!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    See if you can use "Ship My Gun" it's part of Bud's and pretty cheap. I shipped a few guns w/ ~ $800 insurance overnight for $50.

It's the Romeo 1 dot only right now. But it would be pretty easy to have a machine shop open the slot for other dots. I'm impressed with the gun & dot in dry fire, hoping to get on the range this week. Got a normal match on the 14th and a classifier match on the 29th!

The insurance hurts the cost a lot for me, since I'm insuring the gun for $3500. The insurance and the extra $6 to get it by there by noon tomorrow account for almost half of the $98 total cost.

There is a classifier match down here on the 22nd, but that's my wife's birthday weekend. It never works out for me to shoot a classifier match.

SCTaylor

Expert
    Ouch! That hurts, well you play in the deep end of the pool... Haha

Dang man, send her away to a luxurious spa weekend but celebrate her birthday Friday night! She'll never have to know!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    This morning I'm debating about whether or not to shoot the MPSA match tomorrow. I don't really enjoy shooting when it's colder than 40 degrees, and it's supposed to be 27-35 during the time we'll be shooting, after raining all day today. Sleeping in in a warm bed sounds a whole lot better than being cold and wet for several hours.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    This morning I'm debating about whether or not to shoot the MPSA match tomorrow. I don't really enjoy shooting when it's colder than 40 degrees, and it's supposed to be 27-35 during the time we'll be shooting, after raining all day today. Sleeping in in a warm bed sounds a whole lot better than being cold and wet for several hours.
    And the wind is going to 15+ till noon. If I wasn't working I'd be inside...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Even my dogs don't want to go out this morning.

fishingjean

Master
    Been looking at 308 barrels for my handi rifle collection, knew i had a 270 ready to go so went to my safe an in looking around i founfd a complete h an r handi in 308 , flabbergased to say the least, complete with scope, merry christmas to myself lol denny in pace !!

Top Bottom