• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Today was all full of gun stuff for me.

Started off this morning by swapping out the 13 pound hammer spring in my SP01 for an 11 pound spring, it took another ~2 pounds off of the d/a pull and it's now in the 5 pound range, feels fantastic. Cajun gun works said that it may not reliably set off all primers so after that it was off to the fop range where I fired 4 different types of ammo without any light strikes. Very happy with it! I was able to get some .20 -.23 splits and keep on a paper plate at 7 yards.

After the range, I went to meet a couple of members at Styx to do some trading, then ran to Pensacola to transfer the pistol I traded, at Ammunition Sales Company, as always Larry had some awesome NFA stuff to talk about while he took care of business. On my way back I picked up some of my 9mm SBR Parts that had arrived at work, and then got me some new shoes (for the range of course).

It was a good day!

My newest toy:

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      193.6 KB · Views: 218

madeSICC88

Master
    Its hard to tell (I'm colorblind) but is that a different color than black? Looks brown or green almost. Those CZs are pretty awesome.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I bought a scope for my 10/22 international my dad gave me so my old eyes can shoot it again. Settled for the nikon prostaff 3x9x40 walmart had, i'll try it out tommorrow if rain holds off.

........After the range, I went to meet a couple of members at Styx to do some trading, then ran to Pensacola to transfer the pistol I traded, at Ammunition Sales Company, as always Larry had some awesome NFA stuff to talk about while he took care of business. On my way back I picked up some of my 9mm SBR Parts that had arrived at work, and then got me some new shoes (for the range of course).

Ian, Larry is a good buddy of mine. I have been acquainted with him for nearly 10 years. He is a wealth of info on all things NFA. He has a pretty nice collection of NFA goodness. Anytime someone is looking for a FFL to transfer a gun, he is who I send them to. I could not tell you how many he has done for me over the years. Larry is a good guy to know.

Dan1612

Master
    Ian, Larry is a good buddy of mine. I have been acquainted with him for nearly 10 years. He is a wealth of info on all things NFA. He has a pretty nice collection of NFA goodness. Anytime someone is looking for a FFL to transfer a gun, he is who I send them to. I could not tell you how many he has done for me over the years. Larry is a good guy to know.

+1
    Larry fan here.

Ricochet

Master
    Today was all full of gun stuff for me.

Started off this morning by swapping out the 13 pound hammer spring in my SP01 for an 11 pound spring, it took another ~2 pounds off of the d/a pull and it's now in the 5 pound range, feels fantastic. Cajun gun works said that it may not reliably set off all primers so after that it was off to the fop range where I fired 4 different types of ammo without any light strikes. Very happy with it! I was able to get some .20 -.23 splits and keep on a paper plate at 7 yards.

After the range, I went to meet a couple of members at Styx to do some trading, then ran to Pensacola to transfer the pistol I traded, at Ammunition Sales Company, as always Larry had some awesome NFA stuff to talk about while he took care of business. On my way back I picked up some of my 9mm SBR Parts that had arrived at work, and then got me some new shoes (for the range of course).

It was a good day!

My newest toy:

View attachment 23610

I nearly bought this gun. I already have a CZ 97 B with the Cajun Gun Works trigger job stimated at 3 lbs. You breathe it shoots..

I want to get the Accushadow SP-01. It felt great in my hand and I heard a great review of it from a competition shooter.

moron1

Expert
    Found 3 brand new HK 30 rd. mags that fit AR's at a yard sale for $3.00 each. They seem like good mags. Real heavy duty almost like AK mags.

Ricochet

Master
    Shoot Straight has indoor rifle ranges. Here is one near you.
    https://shoot-straight.com/locations-and-ranges/clearwater/

We used to shoot there.

But I work in a small local ammo factory and Shootstraight not only does not allow reloads but neither do they allow remanufactured ( not even Georgia Arms ammo which I consider remanufactured ammo ).

They are also inspecting people's bags.

I do not support a "police state" approach in any walk of my life.

So I no longer give them my business.

They are free to lead their business which ever way they want and I am also free to go somewhere else.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter

He certainly is a great wealth of information, and I am quite envious of anyone who had an M60 in their collection... I met Larry about 8 or 9 years ago when I bought my first pistol on the internet. Before moving he did all of my transfers, NFA and the like, always great to deal with. The Colt Commando that he has at the shop now has quite a story behind it... Looking back, I really wish I had listened to Larry years back and picked up a m11/9 when they were sub $2,500, the price has since doubled!

I nearly bought this gun. I already have a CZ 97 B with the Cajun Gun Works trigger job stimated at 3 lbs. You breathe it shoots..

I want to get the Accushadow SP-01. It felt great in my hand and I heard a great review of it from a competition shooter.

I have an alert set for the ACCU shadow at KY gun co, when I get the email I'm ordering one... I am just curious as to how much better it could possibly be than the SP01 with the CGW parts in it. It must be fantastic to be back ordered everywhere!

bohica793

Master
    We used to shoot there.

But I work in a small local ammo factory and Shootstraight not only does not allow reloads but neither do they allow remanufactured ( not even Georgia Arms ammo which I consider remanufactured ammo ).

They are also inspecting people's bags.

I do not support a "police state" approach in any walk of my life.

So I no longer give them my business.

They are free to lead their business which ever way they want and I am also free to go somewhere else.

Indoor ranges are being forced to implement rather draconian rules due to the threat of OSHA fining them for lead levels. Our local indoor range in Daphne closed for this very reason. The threat of OSHA fines outweighed any potential benefits of continuing to operate the range.

https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=NEWS_RELEASES&p_id=19341
    http://www.volokh.com/2012/06/23/osha-targets-shooting-range/

Garpo

Master
    Indoor ranges are being forced to implement rather draconian rules due to the threat of OSHA fining them for lead levels. Our local indoor range in Daphne closed for this very reason. The threat of OSHA fines outweighed any potential benefits of continuing to operate the range.

https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=NEWS_RELEASES&p_id=19341
    http://www.volokh.com/2012/06/23/osha-targets-shooting-range/

I've heard that's another reason for the increase in applications to the FOP range.

We're from the government and we're here to keep you safe (from yourself).

Last edited:

Idoono

Master
    I actually got to shoot this morning. The it go so damn hot it drove me inside. So now I am dreaming about shooting again. Endless cycle during summertime.

Idoono

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    I took my new neighbor out in the back yard to the "shooting facility" and blasted some IDPA targets. He's already hooked and wants to make it to the next match! Then went into the shop and finished up a "special" holster I've been at for a while.....here ya go, Chop! surprise!

IMG_20140914_162602_242.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140914_162602_242.jpg
      IMG_20140914_162602_242.jpg
      106.9 KB · Views: 256

Garpo

Master
    I took my new neighbor out in the back yard to the "shooting facility" and blasted some IDPA targets. He's already hooked and wants to make it to the next match! Then went into the shop and finished up a "special" holster I've been at for a while.....here ya go, Chop! surprise!

View attachment 23634

Cool, kind of a Boba Fett look.

Attachments

• boba-fett-010.jpg
      boba-fett-010.jpg
      56.1 KB · Views: 131

bohica793

Master
    Cast up 100+ 460-405 to replace the 60 I shot up yesterday. GC'd and lubed about 50 312-160-2R to load up for the .308. Need to go chrono a couple of these loads this week so I can attempt to swag barrel harmonics. Really need to pound cast the .308 chamber just to see what I am dealing with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom