• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garpo

Master
    Modified another 1911 magazine to work in my Kahr CW45. This one is an officers size mag that gives me a flush fit.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    thanks. and yes, Boba Fett was the look I was going for. Chop's kinda nerdy and like the sci-fi stuff!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    i took my new neighbor out in the back yard to the "shooting facility" and blasted some idpa targets. He's already hooked and wants to make it to the next match! Then went into the shop and finished up a "special" holster i've been at for a while.....here ya go, chop! Surprise!

View attachment 23634
    wicked!!!!

Ricochet

Master
    I have an alert set for the ACCU shadow at KY gun co, when I get the email I'm ordering one... I am just curious as to how much better it could possibly be than the SP01 with the CGW parts in it. It must be fantastic to be back ordered everywhere!

Cajun Gun Works has a SP-01 Pro package at $998. So far only the barrel bushing work is missing ( and maybe not sights that are comparable ). My husband is looking at how much it would cost to buy a regular Shadow SP01 and bring it to the accushadow level of performance.

Have you looked into that at all? CGW has the barrel bushing for the CZ 97 B which is the only upgrade left for me to do on the 97B but it does not have for the Shadow. We do not know if it can be bought from the CZ Custom Shop.

My husband actually said he would rather buy an Accushadow than a Mark 23 ( He had a Mark 23, loved it but had to sell and I want to buy him another one - I am a motivated buyer, however, because I favor the .45 caliber ).

Ricochet

Master
    Indoor ranges are being forced to implement rather draconian rules due to the threat of OSHA fining them for lead levels. Our local indoor range in Daphne closed for this very reason. The threat of OSHA fines outweighed any potential benefits of continuing to operate the range.

https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=NEWS_RELEASES&p_id=19341
    http://www.volokh.com/2012/06/23/osha-targets-shooting-range/

I hear you. They may be facing their own problems with the government.

I am not convinced this is the case at Shootstraight.

I can shoot lead at Shootstraight. And the remanufactured ammo is not lead.

The owner of Shootstraight also owns Magtech.

I have nothing against policies that ensure your ammo brand is the cheapest one available at the shooting range you own but I do object the self-serving "liberal" mentality of pushing something for our "own protection and safety" thus undermining my personal sense of responsability and competence over their hidden motives of benefiting themselves.

Just have an honest policy of "at our range we can guarantee you cheap ammo and therefore do not allow reloads from other sources"

Honesty like that I can respect.

TraderDan

Master
    You are getting pretty good at the kydex, jogan, and I see you found some nice fasteners.

TraderDan

Master
    I sold a few of my guns to fund a boat, and took it out fishing today, great relaxing fun . Then got home, cleaned, cooked and ate a $3000.00 bass, man it was good too.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    that bass better be the best tasting bass you've ever caught! and thanks for the compliments. I've made huge strides not only getting better at it, but making it easier on me as well! And yes, the fasteners make the holster look all "professional." Now I'm gonna have to start charging more....!

Idoono

Master
    I sold a few of my guns to fund a boat, and took it out fishing today, great relaxing fun . Then got home, cleaned, cooked and ate a $3000.00 bass, man it was good too.

Sadly I can relate to this. But it is fun to catch 'em.

Idoono

fishingjean

Master
    I am a boat person an getting the itch for firearms more than when I was younger I find myself having to balance these two togeather, does that make any sense?????

FUPAGUNT

Master
    that bass better be the best tasting bass you've ever caught! and thanks for the compliments. I've made huge strides not only getting better at it, but making it easier on me as well! And yes, the fasteners make the holster look all "professional." Now I'm gonna have to start charging more....!

Where are you getting your kydex and hardware from if you dont mind me asking? I was thinking about giving it a shot as well.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    getting all my supplies from Knifekits.com. They'll get you all sorted out.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    I've heard that is the place to go. Thanks man.

Did you make a "press" to mold the kydex around the gun? If so, what kind of foam do you use?

Choppa6

40 Watt Phased Plasma Rifle
    I took my new neighbor out in the back yard to the "shooting facility" and blasted some IDPA targets. He's already hooked and wants to make it to the next match! Then went into the shop and finished up a "special" holster I've been at for a while.....here ya go, Chop! surprise!

View attachment 23634

Wholly shit! That is the awesomest shit ever!!! Damn J!

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    lol.. thanks, Chop. I hoped you'd like it.

Fupa, they have the foam there as well. I made my press with just plywood and clamps. I chose NOT to put a hinge on the back of mine, but since the thermofoam is pretty cheap, I'll probably order enough for another press and hinge that one. You're more than welcome to come out to the shop and look at how I have it set up and answer any questions. You could even make a holster while we're out there to get you started on what you gotta do.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    I appreciate the offer man. If I was still living out that way I would def take you up on that but unfortunately Im back over on the other coast. Mind if I ask what thickness kydex you prefer?

Skippy02

Marksman
    I took my new neighbor out in the back yard to the "shooting facility" and blasted some IDPA targets. He's already hooked and wants to make it to the next match! Then went into the shop and finished up a "special" holster I've been at for a while.....here ya go, Chop! surprise!

View attachment 23634
    I know you made 2 of them babies John

bohica793

Master
    Cast up 200 452-230-TC, another 100 460-405 and 50 311644 190grain for the .308. Loaded up 40 new test loads for the 308 of 16 grains of 2400 under 10 of the aforementioned 311644 and 10 Lee 312-165-2R as well as 17 grains of IMR-4227 under 10 of each. Still looking for the accurate cast load for this monster. If I don't find it soon, I will be dumping this H&R in favor of a .308 bolt gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom