• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Q: Why are primer cups popping out? Any other problems showing up on the brass?

My reloads I'm shooting through that 300 Blackout AR are not "hot". Suspect it was just a worn out case. The used rifle did come with some factory Fiocchi ammo and empties that did lose some primers in firing.

07stuntin6r

Marksman
    Picked this FNX from Redcedar...granted I haven't sold my reg FNX but they do swap nicely

f06e1b3e866909a1e820bcb9b032fd43.jpg
    7c2293232a03e7da515d7079d864e4af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mouser

Expert
    I loaded up 100 rounds of 300AAC w/ 125gr hunting bullets...anyone use a 300 blkout for deer? My son has taken my Ruger M77 (.270) and I have a Marlin 336 in .35 Rem for me so I thought, especially in the woods with shorter range shots, I might hunt with my AR some.

John B.

Master
    I loaded up 100 rounds of 300AAC w/ 125gr hunting bullets...anyone use a 300 blkout for deer? My son has taken my Ruger M77 (.270) and I have a Marlin 336 in .35 Rem for me so I thought, especially in the woods with shorter range shots, I might hunt with my AR some.
    I use them on occasion. I have taken a few with AR pistols, using 110 Barnes black tips... I now have a ruger ranch rifle in 300blk that I will use suppressed this season... but when the rut comes around, the .308 comes out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Recovered a .357 magnum projectile that I fired in to the spine of a 12'6" gator... point blank, from a bangstick. Had about 6 inches of penetration.
    82450c6e118c2d352353f38704e15d31.jpg

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    tough lizard....

SAWMAN

Master
    You most likely need to elaborate on . . . "hunting bullets" to obtain any associated feedback. ---- SAWMAN

John B.

Master
    Honestly it expanded exactly how I want. You want all the energy to go in to the gator... plus, your typical hollowpoint seems to explode in to a million pieces when discharged on a gator... from my experience anyways.

And yes, extremely tough animals.

11'7" and 12'6"... 6 shots to take them down.
    a36462395584eab39510edd7dc7c836c.jpg
    ba1dc66830736d7537dcf25a15a80c7f.jpg

Daezee

Master

With the 300 Blackout, I've taken 3 deer with the Sierra 125gr Pro Hunter, 10 with the Nosler 125gr Ballistic Tip, and 5 with the Barnes 110gr Black Tip, all my reloads. Also 16 hogs, 4 *confirmed coyote kills, and 10 armadillos. I now prefer the 110gr Barnes Black Tips for their accuracy, expansion, and penetration. Be happy to share my reloading data if you want.

* = Last night shot at 2 coyotes in the goat pasture with my armadillo subsonic load (not a good load for coyotes as it doesn't expand and is too light to function the AR), found blood, but no body on my property so not a confirmed kill. Had a new coyote move into the woods, and 2 of its buddy coyotes came to visit it about 10:30 last night. How do I know they were visiting? At my first shot, the shot at coyote ran past me to the right a few feet away, and the not shot at coyote ran past me to the left and ran right to the "new" coyote that was sitting in the woods that I'd been watching, waiting for it to give me a better shot. Those 2 then ran about 25yd together and split up, and that visiting coyote then came back into the pasture and stopped. I shot at it and saw it kinda stagger and run to the far fence and stop, but I was out of ammo (I won't make that mistake again). Went in the house to get more ammo and went to where it had stopped (about 125yd away) and found blood, but the blood trail stopped.

I always use subsonic ammo on my night property patrols. Decided if there's a chance for coyotes I'll now load with supersonic ammo that my night suppressed gun is actually sighted in with and will function semi auto with (not sighted in with the frangible load, but when shooting armadillos I can normally get close enough it doesn't matter).

Oh, this is the 3rd time I've seen the "new" coyote that moved in. Also saw a coyote in the daylight at the new neighbor's property to my east 1 day ago. New neighbors also gave me permission to coyote shoot on their property. Remember "big doe" from last fall? She's still alive. Have seen her 2 days in a row, bigger than ever...but new neighbors did not give deer hunting permission, only coyote hunting and for me to bring my goats over for browsing.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Honestly it expanded exactly how I want. You want all the energy to go in to the gator... plus, your typical hollowpoint seems to explode in to a million pieces when discharged on a gator... from my experience anyways.

You know you're not real swamp people unless you choot em with a 22 rifle offhand, right?

Last edited:

Glock31c

Master

Did y'all hunt the gator in Alabama these last to weekend? I use to see some big boys like that in the delta.

Glock31c

Master
    Ok the news ain't reported no big boys this year. I thought have hunted Alabama and got some big boys.

Mouser

Expert
    With the 300 Blackout, I've taken 3 deer with the Sierra 125gr Pro Hunter, 10 with the Nosler 125gr Ballistic Tip, and 5 with the Barnes 110gr Black Tip, all my reloads. Also 16 hogs, 4 *confirmed coyote kills, and 10 armadillos. I now prefer the 110gr Barnes Black Tips for their accuracy, expansion, and penetration. Be happy to share my reloading data if you want.

* = Last night shot at 2 coyotes in the goat pasture with my armadillo subsonic load (not a good load for coyotes as it doesn't expand and is too light to function the AR), found blood, but no body on my property so not a confirmed kill. Had a new coyote move into the woods, and 2 of its buddy coyotes came to visit it about 10:30 last night. How do I know they were visiting? At my first shot, the shot at coyote ran past me to the right a few feet away, and the not shot at coyote ran past me to the left and ran right to the "new" coyote that was sitting in the woods that I'd been watching, waiting for it to give me a better shot. Those 2 then ran about 25yd together and split up, and that visiting coyote then came back into the pasture and stopped. I shot at it and saw it kinda stagger and run to the far fence and stop, but I was out of ammo (I won't make that mistake again). Went in the house to get more ammo and went to where it had stopped (about 125yd away) and found blood, but the blood trail stopped.

I always use subsonic ammo on my night property patrols. Decided if there's a chance for coyotes I'll now load with supersonic ammo that my night suppressed gun is actually sighted in with and will function semi auto with (not sighted in with the frangible load, but when shooting armadillos I can normally get close enough it doesn't matter).

Oh, this is the 3rd time I've seen the "new" coyote that moved in. Also saw a coyote in the daylight at the new neighbor's property to my east 1 day ago. New neighbors also gave me permission to coyote shoot on their property. Remember "big doe" from last fall? She's still alive. Have seen her 2 days in a row, bigger than ever...but new neighbors did not give deer hunting permission, only coyote hunting and for me to bring my goats over for browsing.

Yes, I would be interested in your load data...just started loading for my 300 and I do not have a suppressor yet so I shoot 150 gr FMJ for practice and fun and these loads with the 125 gr SST Hornady are the first "hunting loads" I've made

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Today UPS came with a Safariland horizontal mag holder I've been wanting to try out, and also some Caldwell shooting bags. Bags are unfilled so I'm trying to decide on what best to use for filler.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Today UPS came with a Safariland horizontal mag holder I've been wanting to try out, and also some Caldwell shooting bags. Bags are unfilled so I'm trying to decide on what best to use for filler.
    Poly beads from a craft store with really well and it doesn't matter if they get wet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom