• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Khaot1c

Marksman
    Apparently no good range time shall go unpunished. I've been given a chores list to start on when i get back myself.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

bohica793

Master
    Finished loading my next batch of 45-70 test rounds. Still tweeking for just the right load at 100 yds. Loaded up 50 rounds of 38Spl wadcutters as well. Will probably fire up the casting pot in a bit since it is such a nice cool day.

Getting overly anxious about shooting tomorrow morning. First time jitters........

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Spent some time with a buddy at the range. Got some good practice in today with my [new] Glock 41. I'll be shopping for new sights and a trigger, in that order. It was looking as though the pistol was going to get along nicely with my recipe of Xtreme plated 200grain SWC.....but I was mistaken. After getting a little warm and dirty, there were a few FTFs. Of course those were rectified by switching back to RN ammo.

Speaking of Fail to Feed; my buddy picked up a "USED" Sig 220 not too long ago. It seems to FTF on the last round from a magazine. He has 3 different mags and they all do it fairly regularly and always on the last round. Ammo choice doesn't matter between reloads or factory but we were only running RN through it today.

Looks like we each have a little homework to do to feed our 45 addictions.....

Well guys, about five years ago, I bought a whole bunch of tactical apparel and gear. I never was able to put on the whole ensemble because of my weight gain. This past May, I started the month weighing 290 lbs. with a 5'6" frame. I am stocky anyway, but this was too much stock. The end of April I was hospitalized and had a close brush with dying. I spend the next four days on a ventilator in ICU, before I was eventually taken off of it and put into a regular room. Two days later they discharged me. It turns out that I have Type two Diabetes and the nutritionist put me on a a low carb/low calorie diet. Well, since May 4th, I have lost 64 lbs. I can now fit into that apparel and gear, so I decided to don everything and have the wife take a couple pics. We did this in the back yard so I would not freak out the neighbors.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Very well done! Keep that up and there will be a lot more changes to the clothing closet.

Seanpcola

Tackleberry, congrats on the weight loss! I'm carrying about 30# extra and a few weeks ago I started looking hard at what I am eating and drinking. Cut a few things so far and it seems like I'm losing a little very slowly. I would like to hear more about your diet, what you cut out and in your opinion what made the biggest difference. Maybe a new thread?

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    I cleaned weapons and laid out my bug out bag. Took some inventory of what I have on hand and what I would eventually like to have on hand. Planned a few routes for evac of this area if the need ever arises. And checked my current place of residence in case of sheltering in place. Just a little prepping today!

Skippy02

Marksman
    So far aside from NOT shooting the crazy girl knocking on my door at 2am and taking my old man to get some ammo not much sadly :(

Snow Bird

Master
    Tenn Jeep,my hands are already shakeing. Should I use the old 45 or the new one? 1/18 or 1/14 for the shot gun?Brass or steel for the AR Do I have enough ammo? Witch belt to wear? Should I wear my knee brace?

Don't make a fool out of your self and don't try to go to fast. Sight picture. SAFETY.SAFETY.SAFETY. Don't get DQ. I am not jokeing. All of these things are going through my mind.GCGF T Shirt. Don't over sleep if I can even go to sleep.

The only thing I am sure of is I WILL HAVE FUN

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Tenn Jeep,my hands are already shakeing. Should I use the old 45 or the new one? 1/18 or 1/14 for the shot gun?Brass or steel for the AR Do I have enough ammo? Witch belt to wear? Should I wear my knee brace?

Don't make a fool out of your self and don't try to go to fast. Sight picture. SAFETY.SAFETY.SAFETY. Don't get DQ. I am not jokeing. All of these things are going through my mind.GCGF T Shirt. Don't over sleep if I can even go to sleep.

The only thing I am sure of is I WILL HAVE FUN

Don't forget a cover garment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Skippy02

Marksman
    A ball cap or some sort of had covering as the sub gets hot and some quality sunglasses/eye protection

Garpo

Master
    Not today but yesterday afternoon. Made up some reduced loads in 40 S&W to see how well they'd shoot in my Cougar 8040 and Beretta CX4. Both firearms cycled fine, accuracy didn't suffer and they were a pleasure to shoot. These will be my new plinking loads from now on.

Also sponsored madeSICC88 for membership at the FOP range. One more GCGF member added to the ranks.

Ricochet

Master
    I went to the Lakeland gun show and only found it too expensive.

The only positive find was a gun holster company I have never heard before and was really impressed with their quality and style.
    The husband and I liked it so much we are making a trip to St Augustine, FL to have our holsters made: they said it would only take 2 hours.

http://noriegaholsters.com/

I was not even able to fondle the CZ Accu Shadow or even the Shadow because Shootstraight had only a limited number of CZ's and HK's ( I was also shopping for a Mark 23 and P7 M8. ).

I did find an Accu Shadow on Gunbroker and thought wether I should bid but since it was already at $1650 I would rather get it new on backorder.

Those of you wanting it now you can see it here : http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=441302393

HEIST

Master
    Had a rough day at work then I got off and picked up my left handed holster and mag carrier from jogan. They look great. Had a blow out on the way home and had to dig under my axle to get the jack set up. Got the tire changed in the dark. Got home and had a package waiting for me, my 2 new mags came in for my TP9. Feels like a roller coaster today.

Gene

Expert
    The wife and I went to the range today fired fired a bunch of 9/45/22. Got home and cleaned up. Just when I think about selling my colt officers model I shoot it and think its way too accurate to sell! Lol Finally got my vortex sighted in on my AR Pistol! Really loving the RO9 and TRP!

Attachments

• 20140921_154846-1-1.jpg
      20140921_154846-1-1.jpg
      87.8 KB · Views: 157
    • 20140921_153519-1.jpg
      20140921_153519-1.jpg
      219.2 KB · Views: 163

Dan1612

Master
    Fitted some Wilson parts and polished some scratches out of my Delta Elite. Fitting the beavertail and thumb safety took about 4 hours combined. It was my first time, so I took it nice and slow and it turned our really great. The fit is good as any custom I've owned or held, but I have a new appreciation for gunsmiths, and my fingers hurt. Cheers.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411434811.347342.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411434811.347342.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411434811.347342.jpg
      47.9 KB · Views: 203

1911Junky

Master
    Fitted some Wilson parts and polished some scratches out of my Delta Elite. Fitting the beavertail and thumb safety took about 4 hours combined. It was my first time, so I took it nice and slow and it turned our really great. The fit is good as any custom I've owned or held, but I have a new appreciation for gunsmiths, and my fingers hurt. Cheers.
    View attachment 23941

Great job!

Top Bottom