• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Finnish initial assembly of new workbench. Have to tweak the drawers a bit, but it will be a lot better than the computer table I was trying to use before!

Work Bench.jpg

Attachments

• Work Bench.jpg
      Work Bench.jpg
      97.2 KB · Views: 164

RackinRay

Master
    Looks good, no extra parts?

A few extra bolts (3) and one nut. Directions could have been clearer, but I could have taken more time to figure issues out in advance. Still happy with it, and setting it up with my tools and cleaning gear.

Jason

Master
    The ole lady really got into hunting this year, and she has been using my rifles. She is a lefty and fer Valentines Day I bought her a rifle (HOW ROMANTIC)... It is a lefty Ruger American in 7-08. I was shocked when I got it in, it actually felt pretty good and has a threaded barrel. I am a Steyr snob and it's definitely not a Steyr but for a 1st rifle it's pretty damn good!!! Especially at $416.00. Well Midway has a sale on some clearance Vortex Vipers so I got her the Viper HS 4x16x44 and got free shipping and rings fer it. Got it in the other day, mounted it (no bore sighting) and took it out back. My 1st range is 50 yards (sighting in rifles/pistol shooting) and will do my 100+ next week... My 1st shot was placed dead center of the silhouette and it was close! Tweaked it to what I figured it needed and BAM, dead on head shot... Had the ole lady shoot 4 rounds and she was good to go!!!

I've got a 17 HMR with a threaded barrel I picked up not too long ago and just got the Vortex Viper 6.5x20x44 for it and will get it zero'd in this week too!!! That will be my squirrel eyeball remover!

20200227_171020.jpg
    20200227_171027.jpg
    20200227_171101(1).jpg

Attachments

• 20200227_171020.jpg
      20200227_171020.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 137
    • 20200227_171027.jpg
      20200227_171027.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 145
    • 20200227_171101(1).jpg
      20200227_171101(1).jpg
      958.7 KB · Views: 148
    It has been a while, but I FINALLY managed to get out to SRSC this morning to test fire a few things. A few months back, I assembled a couple ARs. They both shot nicely and the sights (red-dots and BUISs) zeroed easily at 50 yards.

One of these has the following:
    Upper Assembly:
    Aero Precision M4E1 Threaded Barreled Upper 16" 5.56 Mid-Length w/ 15” ATLAS R-ONE M-LOK handguard
    Brownells M16 Bolt Carrier Group 5.56x45mm Nitride MP
    Strike Industries Charging Handle with Extended Latch (Black)
    BCM GUNFIGHTER KAG - M-LOK (Black)

Lower Assembly:
    McKay Enterprises A2 Lower Receiver (stripped)
    BCM BCMGUNFIGHTER Grip - Mod 3 (Black)
    BCM BCMGUNFIGHTER Stock Assembly - Mod 0 (Black)
    BCM Mil-Spec Carbine Stock Hardware Kit
    BATTLEARMS™ Enhanced Magazine Catch (BAD-EMC-IC)
    BATTLEARMS™ Enhanced Magazine Release (Black) (BAD-EMR-B)
    BATTLEARMS™ Enhanced Pin Set AR15 (BAD-EPS)
    BATTLEARMS™ AR15/M16 Enhanced Bolt Catch (BAD-EBC-IC)
    BCM trigger guard
    LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Curved Bow (2-Stage Trigger)

Optic/Mount/Sights:
    VORTEX SPARC AR
    MAGPUL MBUS PRO Front and Rear Sights

E2dLkPC.jpg

The other is as follows:
    Upper Assembly:
    PSA 16" Carbine Length 5.56 NATO 1:7 M4 Nitride Freedom Upper (No BCG or CH).
    Aero Precision M16 BCG (Phosphate)
    Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Charging Handle

Lower Assembly:
    McKay Enterprises Stripped Lower Receiver
    PSA LPK
    BCM Mil-Spec Carbine Stock Hardware Mounting Kit
    Colt Waffle Stock (Gen 4)

Optic/Sights:
    Primary Arms SLx Advanced Push Button Microdot Red Dot Sight
    Primary Arms Absolute Cowitness Micro Dot Riser
    MAGPUL MBUS Rear Sight

AMoAzVZ.jpg

Lastly, I shot my new Brownells BRN-180 upper assembly. I had to mount it on one of my AR-15 lowers until the new BRN-180 lower arrives. It shot great. Recoil is about as much as a mid-length DI system. Very smooth and the reciprocating bolt was not even noticeable. It is topped with a Vortex Optics Crossfire 2 MOA Red Dot Sight and a Midwest Industries Combat Rifle Folding Sight Set.

dWu7Bnr.jpg

Last edited:
    That 180 is very cool! Could that he built in a pistol?? If so I think I found my next project!

They do make one for SBR or pistol use.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...plete-upper-receiver-assembly-prod127762.aspx

These work with any AR-15 lower or Brownells BRN-180 lowers. I have one of the BRN-180 forged lowers on order right now. They look very similar to the AR-180B lower. I have a SIG SAUER Minimalist stock and a TangoDown BG-16 pistol grip that will mounted to it. These also use any AR-15 LPK.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...tripped-lower-receiver-forged-prod130438.aspx

rviray

Marksman
    Found a Creedmoor bullet that was stuffed into one of my range bag pockets, must of picked it up at the range while cleaning up? Anyway, I tried to pull the bullet out, but I have been hammering on my bullet puller for a while now and that bullet is not coming out. I don't like un-used rounds laying around, so anyone got suggestions on how to safely dispose of this bullet?

wildrider666

Master
    It is getting personal now....it's the bullet vs. me... AND I WILL WIN!!!!
    lol

For trash: just use plyers or vice and bend at the neck till bullet comes free. Old oil will kil the primer, sprinkle the powder on the lawn. Never trust a intact cartridge you "find", the risks aren't worth it IMHO.

MauserLarry

Master
    It is getting personal now....it's the bullet vs. me... AND I WILL WIN!!!!

lol

I love that attitude, doesn't seem to be very common nowadays. After reading Wildriders's post I want to retract my statement about giving it to a Creedmore owner. I really didn't stop to think about the possibilities of shooting a round you find laying around. Lots of bad sheet could come down. Get out the vise and twist her out, you know it's safe then.

rviray

Marksman
    I love that attitude, doesn't seem to be very common nowadays. After reading Wildriders's post I want to retract my statement about giving it to a Creedmore owner. I really didn't stop to think about the possibilities of shooting a round you find laying around. Lots of bad sheet could come down. Get out the vise and twist her out, you know it's safe then.

It took about another 1/2 hour and about another, it felt like 1000 slams on the bullet puller after I last posted. At one point I felt like cro-magnon man trying to get at some food from the inside of that friggin bullet. But in the end, when it came out, I felt like

tenor.gif

Attachments

• tenor.gif
      tenor.gif
      1.5 MB · Views: 128

Daezee

Master
    Sighted in my M1903A1 NM Springfield with my cast bullet load. Or to put it another way: I got my initial rear sight setting. Now this is "old school", but maybe some will find it interesting.

The Springfield M1903 has a flip up rear sight ladder with distance markings on it. Back in the day when the '03 was used for match shooting, a way of making small precise, repeatable sight settings was needed, rather than using the somewhat coarse built-in sight distance markings used for ball ammo and normal military shooting. Thus the rear sight micrometer was invented. It has 1/2 moa clicks. Flip up rear sight, loosen the rear sight elevation slide, set the micrometer setting, put micrometer against the rear sight ladder, move elevation slide into contact with bottom hook of micrometer, and tighten elevation slide. Say you are hitting 1 moa low for the conditions of that day...click up the micrometer setting 2 clicks, fit against rear sight ladder, loosen elevation slide so it matches up with the micrometer and retighten elevation slide.

In this photo, the sight micrometer is set on "22". You can see the 1/2 moa marks to the left and right of the "2" at the adjustment knob end of the micrometer. One could also set it between the 1/2 moa marks and even make smaller moa adjustments if needed.

97BF64AE-B291-4B2F-95BA-DBB52217801E.jpeg

To give an idea of the settings using my 1646fps 110gr frangible load, 24 = on at 100yd, 28 1/2 = 4" high at 100yd, 29 = on at 150yd. The sight micrometer makes it very easy to switch sight settings for various loads and distances.

Attachments

• 97BF64AE-B291-4B2F-95BA-DBB52217801E.jpeg
      97BF64AE-B291-4B2F-95BA-DBB52217801E.jpeg
      130.2 KB · Views: 124

Murfpcola

Master
    Another thrift store in another state but bought another AR pistol case almost identical to the one I bought a couple weeks ago. This one set me back $.50

51B6C197-005E-42DD-B192-59A0B46185F3.jpg

Attachments

• 51B6C197-005E-42DD-B192-59A0B46185F3.jpg
      51B6C197-005E-42DD-B192-59A0B46185F3.jpg
      444.1 KB · Views: 172
    Top Bottom