• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Bought 500 starline 10mm brass and 495 180gr hps from another fine member. Got dies and shell plate off ebay for a deal. All set to start reloading 10mm. Just have to figure out loads and what powder to use for 9 inch hunting barrel. Probably going to pick up a brace before they are outlawed. for hunting with it. Recover tactical.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201216-123352_eBay.jpg
      Screenshot_20201216-123352_eBay.jpg
      153.3 KB · Views: 108
    • Screenshot_20201209-235117_eBay.jpg
      Screenshot_20201209-235117_eBay.jpg
      163.7 KB · Views: 101
    • 2020-new-sling-1400-x-1400.jpg
      2020-new-sling-1400-x-1400.jpg
      13.6 KB · Views: 123

FLT

Master
    Shot a Remington 660 in 350 Remington Magnum this morning, it took one shot to remind me why I haven’t shot it in over 31 years. A 6 pound 350 magnum rifle is brutal on your shoulder. It’s likely it won’t get shot again in my life time. The laminated stock with the wood grain running in opposite directions and the thick factory recoil pad should be a clue as to the expected recoil.

SAWMAN

Master
    Those were great guns.
    Had a buddy that had been guiding in Maine and Quebec for a whole bunch of years,that carried one everywhere.
    It had went in a stream several times during a canoe tip over. He had to fly out of a remote hunting camp in Quebec and left it leaning against a tree. He could not get back to the gun for over a month.
    It was a nasty looking thing yet worked good enough for him to bet his life on while guiding for bear.
    Great guns there. ---- SAWMAN

ls1_guru

Master
    Bought an AR for another M4 Clone build, should be here by Christmas Eve... hope the background check people are in the office by the time I get to the shop haha

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    we loaded abut 35-40 boxes of 6.5 Needmoor and about 30-35 boxes of .270. In the middle of that I mounted the Holosun sight and installed the CMMG straight bow I ordered to go in my new Foxtrot Mike...little thing shoots pretty good...MagPaul and Amend2 mags seem to run good....sent about 100 rounds of GOLD downrange...clean it a little and re-lube it then send a few more

wildrider666

Master
    Wife took me as a Shopping Hostage to wally (PCB) again! In the normal route between girly face paint and dog chow we pass "sporting goods"; where I shake my head in disapproval of the empty ammo shelves out of habit. We pass by before what I may have seen registers a impossibility. Whoa, back up the bus! How can that be? 3PM and there it was: a Winchester 555 box of 36g 22LR, the only thing in the entire cabinet. Because there's "no ammo", there's no sales staff to be found. Contracted (no benefits) Stockers were everwhere like ants on suger but no Associates. I sent the Wife on a Locate & Capture mission while I redirected the curious to "deals" in hardware or bra's depending on their outward appearance. Wife returned in 15 minutes with a Clerk in tow but she also filled half the basket (ammo just created additional expenses). I'd like some .22 to whch she replied "We're Out" turned and stepped away! WAIT!..... Please look where I'm pointing, top left and pushed back away from the glass. I got the eye roll until she saw the box. Last Box $22.86 just over .04ppr, with our 6%+1% taxes it was just under .045ppr. I won't factor the Wife's impulse buys while unsupervised, that's just penance for me to bear. Lol

Boogan1

Master
    Traveled over to Tallahassee yesterday and shot another cowboy match with the Big Bend Bushwhackers club. They have a really neat old west town setup and had some challenging stages. I won my category and shot 5th overall.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Wife took me as a Shopping Hostage to wally (PCB) again! In the normal route between girly face paint and dog chow we pass "sporting goods"; where I shake my head in disapproval of the empty ammo shelves out of habit. We pass by before what I may have seen registers a impossibility. Whoa, back up the bus! How can that be? 3PM and there it was: a Winchester 555 box of 36g 22LR, the only thing in the entire cabinet. Because there's "no ammo", there's no sales staff to be found. Contracted (no benefits) Stockers were everwhere like ants on suger but no Associates. I sent the Wife on a Locate & Capture mission while I redirected the curious to "deals" in hardware or bra's depending on their outward appearance. Wife returned in 15 minutes with a Clerk in tow but she also filled half the basket (ammo just created additional expenses). I'd like some .22 to whch she replied "We're Out" turned and stepped away! WAIT!..... Please look where I'm pointing, top left and pushed back away from the glass. I got the eye roll until she saw the box. Last Box $22.86 just over .04ppr, with our 6%+1% taxes it was just under .045ppr. I won't factor the Wife's impulse buys while unsupervised, that's just penance for me to bear. Lol
    Post it later today for $70. :)

Molon Labe

Expert
    A friend gave me the Chore Boy pure copper tip, as pure copper is softer than bbl steel and wouldn't harm the bore, but was harder than lead. Went to 3 stores to buy...that ought to be easy to find...none had pure copper ones. Reading the box labels carefully, I came to the conclusion that they were all copper plated stainless steel. Running stainless steel repeatedly down a 140 year old rifle bore...no way. Ordered the right pads from Amazon. The box will say "pure copper" on the front.
    The lady at Ace Hardware on Palafox in Ensley ordered some Chore Boy "pure copper" pads today (12/21/20.) She said they would be in late next week. FYI, some high grade stainless steel can't be detected with a magnet, or so I understand.

The doctor asked if any of my family suffer from mental illness. "Suffer??" Heck no, they rather enjoy it.

Redleg155

Expert
    Drove from Century Florida to just outside of Helen Ga. Looked at a couple of Academy and Walmart stores. No ammo to be found except. 22 short. Seems like shotgun shells are being hit really hard.

So, my thing today was to look for ammo.

Daezee

Master
    Had previously bought some "soft" lead and "hard" lead from oneshot. Had already cast using the soft lead...it worked fine for that casting project. Today I mixed up a small (4 lb) batch of my lyman #2 like alloy using some of the hard lead. Figured I'd better test a small batch before mixing up larger amounts. It cast perfectly and acted just like clip-on wheelweights in my mix...perfect!...exactly what I wanted. Thank you JJ.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Ordered this today to try on the G20 w/ 9 inch barrel. Have to figure out what optic to use now. May set the irons for 50 and the optic for 100. Or something.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201229-153802_Samsung Internet.jpg
      Screenshot_20201229-153802_Samsung Internet.jpg
      130.4 KB · Views: 100
    • Screenshot_20201229-153809_Samsung Internet.jpg
      Screenshot_20201229-153809_Samsung Internet.jpg
      91.8 KB · Views: 110
    Top Bottom