• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zdiver99

Master
    Loaded up more test loads for my friend's Shiloh Sharps.

Researched 7.62x39 125gr load data and loaded up 6 different loads with 125gr Ballistic Tip .308 bullets. While I don't plan on hunting using the RARR 7.62x39, since I had the components on hand, I thought why not see if I can get an accurate (with nice velocity) hunting type load worked up. Goal is accuracy + higher velocity than a Blackout with the same weight bullets. Trying AA1680 and IMR4198 powders.

Ruger factory in N.C. called me today. They are sending 2 complete AR pattern magazine well assemblies to convert my and a friend's RARR 7.62x39 rifles from Mini 30 mags to AR mags. We both have several 7.62x39 AR mags already. Including shipping, it works out to $23.95 for each assembly. The reason they called me was that they couldn't finalize my request last week until they completed their year-end inventory of parts.
    Hi Daezee, Let us know how that works for you. Thanks

B52

Master

Researched 7.62x39 125gr load data and loaded up 6 different loads with 125gr Ballistic Tip .308 bullets. While I don't plan on hunting using the RARR 7.62x39, since I had the components on hand, I thought why not see if I can get an accurate (with nice velocity) hunting type load worked up. Goal is accuracy + higher velocity than a Blackout with the same weight bullets. Trying AA1680 and IMR4198 powders.

Ruger factory in N.C. called me today. They are sending 2 complete AR pattern magazine well assemblies to convert my and a friend's RARR 7.62x39 rifles from Mini 30 mags to AR mags. We both have several 7.62x39 AR mags already. Including shipping, it works out to $23.95 for each assembly. The reason they called me was that they couldn't finalize my request last week until they completed their year-end inventory of parts.
    Big win with conversion parts

Daezee

Master
    Hi Daezee, Let us know how that works for you. Thanks
    I'm sure it will work. A friend had a RARR in 5.56 at the range. Another friend had the correct allen wrench. We swapped mag wells between 3 rifles and tested with AR 7.62x39 mags...perfect functioning. Conversion parts cost less than a Mini 30 magazine.

FLT

Master
    Good information right there^^^^^^

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    I'm sure it will work. A friend had a RARR in 5.56 at the range. Another friend had the correct allen wrench. We swapped mag wells between 3 rifles and tested with AR 7.62x39 mags...perfect functioning. Conversion parts cost less than a Mini 30 magazine.
    Please keep us in the loop.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance

Be sure to post. I picked up some .310 bullets yesterday. Ouch!

Attachments

• 20220103_140142.jpg
      20220103_140142.jpg
      552 KB · Views: 54

SAWMAN

Master
    When I was a kid,we called it "cut shot".
    But wondering - -> how/why,that could be illegal. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    The neighbor of a casual acquaintance of mine said I've gotten out of reloading and have a few items left. Do you know someone that could use them? The casual acquaintance calls a friend/neighbor of mine and asks if he knows someone who reloads and could use some free items...yes, Daezee. A box just got dropped off at my home. My acquaintance asked if I could load him some .223 deer hunting loads...Heck Yes! He'll come by Monday to pick up his hunting ammo. Here's what was in the box. The small primer brick wasn't full at 800 primers, but the large pistol brick was full. I told him in "today's prices" roughly how much the box of stuff was worth. :):):)

His .223 hunting ammo will be loaded with 65gr Sierra Game King bullets, same bullets I and my neighbor have successfully used on deer and hogs. His .223 rifle has a fast enough twist to handle those heavier bullets.

6C51FA0F-5202-4600-A64B-233CF9720B0B.jpeg

SAWMAN

Master
    Took my Franchi apart and cleaned/lubed the internals. Somewhat different than my Benelli but still quite easy.
    Was one of the cleanest guns from the factory that I have ever seen.
    These inertia systems are well engineered. And soooooooo smooth.
    Took out the plug because I will not hunt the federal stuff. Now holds 4+1.
    Will sniff around for a shotgun type gunsmith to chop the bbl and rethread for chokes( if there is enough bbl "meat" available.) Now 26 would like 19-21. ---- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Shot 2 rounds of TRAP this morning.
    Did ... well ... not great.
    Shot a 14/25 and a 15/25.
    This was mainly to break in my new gun.
    Shoots like a dream. Super low recoil impulse. Fed about 5 different lighter loads. Fed every shot from the mag for break in. ---- SAWMAN

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Traded for this today. Very pleased, thanks Mike!
    Some info.
    JTS AK12
    All the stuff they should have put on the Saiga.
    Rem screw in choke
    0-3 gas adjust. Heavy loads, med loads, light loads and 0 converts it to single shot...
    Also has cover on the action to keep crap out.
    Hinged top cover with rail and button release with locking button. Keeps it tight for red dot.
    5, 10 and drum capable. Saiga mags
    Chinese made..... norinco???
    Ak flip safety.
    Ramped iron sights, adjustable.
    Add a turkey choke and crap walmart #7.5 ammo becomes slugs. Over 25 feet and puts the shot wad inside a dillo. Make a splash at your next party....
    Very nice. This is really an unknown gem.

Attachments

• 20220108_152429.jpg
      20220108_152429.jpg
      810.3 KB · Views: 66
    Top Bottom