• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Marksman
    Well, after I buy gas to drive from the Panhandle to Orlando and back, I might be better off just ordering some. :) They seem to be in the $2.50 to $3 range. Yep the old I have an extra part, so I might as well build a gun around it thing...many of us have been there!
    There is the mail for light weight items

Daezee

Master
    Patches have a greenish-blue color to me as they come out wet from the bore. As they dry out, more like a pale blue. Using Hoppes #9 and Hoppes copper solvent. Suffice to say, there’s copper fouling present with no pitting seen.

MarkS

Master
    The stainless steel guide rod assembly I ordered from Lakeline arrived. I need to grease it and replace the plastic guide rod in my PT 111 gen 2

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Patches have a greenish-blue color to me as they come out wet from the bore. As they dry out, more like a pale blue. Using Hoppes #9 and Hoppes copper solvent. Suffice to say, there’s copper fouling present with no pitting seen.
    Thanks! you are using something a little different than I use. Montanas is Electric blue, Bore Tech is close and Shooters Choice is right below that. I can't remember what Sweets does.

Keep after it...might come out in a day or 2 :) Have you ever use CLR to cut heavy carbon?

MarkS

Master
    Do ya think the SS guide rod will eat the slide? I have one for the g20,21 have been leary about installing it.

I’ll keep an eye out for for wear on the slide and post my results after I run a couple of hundred through it. I’ve read good reviews but we all know that the reviews can be fiction sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    After using Montana, Shooter's Choice, and Hoppes copper removers, patches are getting cleaner and lands are looking even sharper on their edges. It's now soaking in Hoppes #9 for a while. Looking nice!

And, FWIW, under magnification, the "Savage" magazine is actually another F made British one.

DustyDog

Master
    i don't normally clean up after corrosive ammo. when i clean copper from my guns with the many solvents i have on hand it is always blue. i just wondered if he was using a different product than I am familiar with...no real conspiracy going on.
    Wasn't implying that two or more people were making nefarious plans to ruin barrels (which would be an example of a conspiracy), but that I've only seen green when cleaning after corrosive. It's been a long time since I used copper solvent, but yes, that probably turned blue, and probably any that break down copper will do the same. So what else other than corrosive residue can cause the green tint?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Shot my JTS AK12. Adjusted dot to roughly center slightly high at 25 yards. Looking good using the ported full choke, nice tight pattern. Not even going to try the turkey choke. Wad drops in the dirt about 5 yards from the target. Not bad for crap 7.5 walmart stuff. ( gas set to #3)
    No idea who made the full ported choke. Our late friend Forrest sold it to me and he couldn't remember. I guess in a sense Forrest and I went shooting.

Attachments

• 20220224_122303.jpg
      20220224_122303.jpg
      806 KB · Views: 56
    • 20220224_122311.jpg
      20220224_122311.jpg
      1,008.9 KB · Views: 53

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Sweet!
    A Language lesson and an instructional video...it don't get much better than that.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Was going to switch stock off of ak12 with ak adapter to use ar stock, NOPE. They have some crazy 45 deg angle screw. Crap. Another part for the bin.

M60Gunner

Master
    I’ll keep an eye out for for wear on the slide and post my results after I run a couple of hundred through it. I’ve read good reviews but we all know that the reviews can be fiction sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No issues with either my G19 Gen 4 or 5 and i shoot them regularly.

SAWMAN

Master
    Took a shotgun that I recently bought down to Rick Rankin at Pensacola Lock & Gun. He's an absolute "GURU" in all things guns.
    I was worried about the firing pin protrusion though the receiver before I snapped it closed.
    Using digital vernier calipers I measure it at :
    PROTRUSION - -> .083"
    DIAMETER OF FIRING PIN - -> .0105"
    With that much of the firing pin protruding/not retracting,and it being that big/ thick If loaded and snapped closed ( it locks up extremely tight) Rick advises "unsafe",do not load it".
    I TOTALLY AGREE.
    SHITSKI !! ---- SAWMAN

Raven

Master
    Took a shotgun that I recently bought down to Rick Rankin at Pensacola Lock & Gun. He's an absolute "GURU" in all things guns.
    I was worried about the firing pin protrusion though the receiver before I snapped it closed.
    Using digital vernier calipers I measure it at :
    PROTRUSION - -> .083"
    DIAMETER OF FIRING PIN - -> .0105"
    With that much of the firing pin protruding/not retracting,and it being that big/ thick If loaded and snapped closed ( it locks up extremely tight) Rick advises "unsafe",do not load it".
    I TOTALLY AGREE.
    SHITSKI !! ---- SAWMAN
    He ruined my WW2 Colt. Wallowed out my feed ramp until he left damn near the whole case unsupported. Got a 12 inch group at 5 yards afterwards. He made sure to tell me "on the house". A real F---g guru

Raven

Master
    Reading about guns is almost as fun as shooting. Almost. Never knew Norinco made so much back then. I know that nowadays Norinco has an M14 pattern rifle that takes AK mags.
    20220225_173104.jpg

Top Bottom