• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Only found the platinum ring in the water at a beach...all others were in local parks, platinum ring has over $600 of platinum in it, best find in a few yrs...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    what metal detector are you using??

Ric-san

Master
    Water machine: Tesoro Sand shark, a P.I. meyal detector....for land I use a Whites MXT Pro...have a few others also for b/u...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I would like some advice on what to buy so I buy once and not get the wrong machine, then some training on it.

CCHGN

Banned
    I found a 1877 Liberty half and a 1881 Deutsch mark and a 10 pesos note from the Japanese govt.

Welldoya

Master
    I have often thought of getting a metal detector but I figured all the good places have been gone over many times........unless I wanted to comb the beach and I don't own any black socks or sandals.
    What would a pretty good one run ? Not the best, but not junk either.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I am w Welldoya, but I do have the black socks and sandals I got when I mugged a Snowbird!

Ric-san

Master
    Good intermediate md is either a Garret's Ace 250 (about $210'ish) or Fisher F2 (around $200-250) or a comparable Bounty Hunter...(they are made by the same company as Fisher as are the Teknetics brand MD's.) Also the Tesoro Silver uMAx. Best sleeper bang for the buck is the Tesoro Compadre, but it has no bells/whistles, a small coil and it is a beep/dig model, no pinpoint capability. I have one of them, they are awesome machines for those who take the time to learn the basics...I have found a gold ring with it while my buddy was running $1000 md and got skunked...its around $150. Hope this helps... We can meet during spring break if you all want at a local beach to hunt for some treasure...

CCHGN

Banned
    This is true, but gold and silver have been currency for 5000 years. Yes, Elmer may not sell a chicken for gold or silver but somebody somewhere will...Rick

I will trade a chicken any day for a gold coin or silver any day

CCHGN

Banned
    Really even when a chicken will put food on the table and gold and silver have no true value. I disagree. I would barter a chicken for corn or flour not gold or silver

I've got 100 chickens , a dozen ducks, a half a dozen geese and turkeys and they all breed and hatch on their own...yep, any day.

Ric-san

Master
    I'm not too sure you get a gold coin, but I'm sure you can get a silver one any day of the week and twice on Sunday...

BigDaddy

Master
    Any day even Then? 100 chickens wouldn't last long. IMO. I have a lot of critters also. Just wouldn't say any day. In that time a chicken to me or an egg even would hold more value than a piece of coin.

BigDaddy

Master
    Also my chickens, hens especially lay eggs equals several meals, hatch babies more meals, for meat another meal. Now my roosters some to breed the rest for now the freezer. Still not giving you my worst laying hen for a coin I can't feed my kids with. Now if you brought me some corn or flour maybe beans or rice it would be doable, enjoy the different opinions btw :)

Ric-san

Master
    A good site to let you know the silver content/value of silver coins is coinflation.com, scroll down and look for the silver coin values.

Snow Bird

Master
    Just got on this thread the first time tonight and enjoyed it to the max even if I don't know a damn thing about what you are talking about. Enjoyed the barter stuff because I think I talked to someone about it with one of you. I'm sure you were talking about me and making sport about me. My name is ELMER and I am a SNOWBIRD. Don't wear black socks though. The reason I got on here is when I was in about Third grade the teacher brought to class a 10.00 gold peace. Thought that was the neatest thing I had ever seen and it was so Small. When I was in Mexico I bought a 3 paso gold peace with gold around it. Hope it is real as I bought it in a jewlery store... Enjoyed reading about coins, never got into it because I couldn't afford it and was afraid I would get ripped off. Used to watch the coin brokers on late night tv and wanted to take a chance on the stuff they were selling but thought it was to good to be true. Well late and got to get to bed.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Destin is king of fleecing snowbirds, what they don't steal we make them pay dearly for and enjoy the sport immensely! We have lots of gold for you to buy for 1/2 price!

Ric-san

Master
    Snowbirds, spring breakers and Yankees from up north replenish the beaches with gold and silver for me to find with my metal detector...the season has begun already....silver coins on the beach are few and far in between (unless they are old Spanish pieces of eight)...

Top Bottom