• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    It was .90+- per gallon for me in school too. Under Obama the dollar dropped in value by half with each QE money printing. So that's twice. Then Trump did it a third time, printing even more money. That's three times the dollar dropped in value by half. I knew the dollar was over right then and there. No way was anybody ever going to give me a 300% raise to make up for it. Welcome to slavery

m4a1sof

Expert
    Gas was around .60 a gallon in 1976 when I got my first real job out of technical school but I was only making 3.85 an hour. Fast forward to today, gas is over four bucks but I'm making $65.00 an hour doing pretty much the same job I did for 3.85 when I started, so I guess you could say I'm still ahead :). On another note, because I didn't want to go to college my parents said I could take my college fund money and buy a car with it. I bought a used 1969 Mustang Mach 1, 428 cobra jet with the shaker hood scoop going up in the hole in the hood, tie down pins, Hurst four on the floor, etc. exactly the same as the photo even the dark green color with gold accents was the same. Unfortunately you could actually see the gas gauge go down when you redlined it, so when the gas crisis hit in 1974 I traded it even for a Volkswagen Beetle :eek:.

Attachments

• 1969-ford-mustang-mach-1.jpg
      1969-ford-mustang-mach-1.jpg
      275.7 KB · Views: 82

m4a1sof

Expert
    in 1970 they were $1,995 new
    If I remember correctly I paid $1,200.00 for the used Mach 1. The beetle was used as well. Wish I still had either one, especially the Mach 1, it would be worth a ton today. The last one I saw similar to it went for around $80,000.00 at auction and that was a 351 not a 428 cobra jet.

Welldoya

Master
    Classic cars have gone crazy lately, especially those with big engines. I almost bought a ‘66 Mustang fastback in 1995 for $5400. Waited a day too long. I called back to tell him I’d take it and it was sold. That car would be $60k today.
    In 1979 I got $700 for my ‘67 Mustang on a trade for a new Cutlass Supreme. Same year my sister sold her ‘69 Road Runner for $250 so she could buy a ‘78 Cutlass Supreme which got better mileage.
    I think gas had soared to 70 cents a gallon.

lil'skeet

Master
    Classic cars have gone crazy lately, especially those with big engines. I almost bought a ‘66 Mustang fastback in 1995 for $5400. Waited a day too long. I called back to tell him I’d take it and it was sold. That car would be $60k today.
    In 1979 I got $700 for my ‘67 Mustang on a trade for a new Cutlass Supreme. Same year my sister sold her ‘69 Road Runner for $250 so she could buy a ‘78 Cutlass Supreme which got better mileage.
    I think gas had soared to 70 cents a gallon.
    Seeing less & less of them. They'll be doing resto mods with electric motors and batteries and old Chevelles soon

ls1_guru

Master
    Some of us are showing our age here lol. Gas was 78cents when I started driving and min wage was 5.15 at my first job.. not even 25 years ago.

Rusty.Nickles

Shooter
    Dear Greta,
    Pack a lunch and dig a hole to hide in - if you thought fossil fuels were bad for mother earth, just wait until until you see what happens with global nuclear war!!!!

Boardfeet

Expert
    There's a bright side? No amount of preparation will overcome an administration that assumes you can't think for yourself. Only they know what's best for you. You only need to consider the misinformation coming from the podium at the White House daily.
    They were on the news last night trying to blame oil companies for not exercising their 6000 unused leases. The average dumba$$ will hear this and believe it.

Pierre

Shooter
    Diesel is 4.65 now. I spent 475 last month on fuel. At 70 cents higher and going even more I will be spending quite a bit this coming month.
    I just got back from Orlando. Gased up at a Raceway in the morning then gased up 6-7 hours later. Same gas station same pump gas price was up .58 cents. Oh yeah trust build back better...

BluesBrother

Master
    They were on the news last night trying to blame oil companies for not exercising their 6000 unused leases. The average dumba$$ will hear this and believe it.
    The leases that are not being exercised by oil companies show no fossil fuel available at the location. Would anyone with a brain dig a hole in the ground searching for something they know not to be there? Again, psaki thinks you are stupid and can't do your own fact checking and research. $5 a gallon gas is what the greenies wanted as far back as obama. They have to create a crisis to exploit to show they're relevance.

Last edited:

Pierre

Shooter
    For those who didn't get to experience it, welcome to the 70's. Next comes shortages and rationing.
    Was on that big flat gray boat during that time. All over the med loaded tankers with oil not allowed to sail. Kept hearing about the oil shortage in the U.S.

.22 cents

Master

Pierre

Shooter
    Buying oil from foreign countries does not keep them in check. It gives their government cash to do nefarious activities. Using our fuel reserves of about 400 years of fuel makes the US independent ot the foreign county so we can tell them to behave when we need to.

Here is what will happen. Biden arranges for US to purchase oil from a foreign country for some price, say X + $50 per barrel. The foreign country sells the US oil they purchased from Russia for X dollars a barrel. make a brokerage fee of $50 per barrel.

Top Bottom