• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    Yes, criticism of moderators choice in adult beverages shall not be tolerated.

That being said and thanks for reminding me...we're still on for margaritas with cherries and talk time after work this Wednesday right?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rookie moderators need training and the one that locked the topic needs a time out, also a rookie moderator tag!

Seanpcola

Yeah, when you're first starting out errors are made Frank. Funny thing is that the ban button is the largest on the console. I can see that getting out of hand.

madeSICC88

Master
    Glad to see it was a mistake...don't need all you grouches getting upset and making them shut it down again. Really throws off my website browsing order.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Watchout power going to their heads too...lol

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Too funny, that is very true in most cases!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Thanks to my parents going out of town and my mother-in-law coming into town, there are currently 6 dogs in my house. Whenever anyone makes a noise inside or outside, one of my MIL's dogs starts barking, which leads to ALL the dogs barking. I'm about to pull my hair out.

madeSICC88

Master
    Sounds horrible. That sounds like my sisters dog and every time they come over and bring her or we have to watch her its always a fresh reminder of why I'm not a pet person.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Sounds horrible. That sounds like my sisters dog and every time they come over and bring her or we have to watch her its always a fresh reminder of why I'm not a pet person.

My 2 large dogs are very well behaved and normally only bark when they're chasing birds in the backyard or when a plane flys low over the house. The little one goes nuts when the doorbell rings, but that's about it.

My parents' dog and my MIL's dogs bark at EVERYTHING, which gets mine stirred up.

MAXman

Master
    My little tufflehunden goes strait ape for like no reason. He's also fearless. But I personally enjoy it. He wakes me up at midnight at least twice a week barking at a closed door or something. I doubt anyone could get into the house at night without him knowing. I always told him, tell me where it is max, I'll take it from there. Now he has 50 pounds of ninja silent Shepard at his six.... I actually wish she would bark more, nothing like the deep "woof" of gsd coming from a dark hallway to remind someone to make damn sure they're supposed to be there.

Seanpcola

I love dogs but I don't care for ones that bark constantly. My Miniature Schnauzer was like E F Hutton, if he barked you had better figure out why. My neighbor's Schnauzer however barks at everything, and I mean EVERYTHING.

I'm about to get anot her dog finally and want something that will sound off over trouble. We are leaning towards a German Shepard. My old dog Jack was a good indicator of trouble. At the first strange noise he would run straight for the bedroom and hide under the bed.

I've been wanting to get a donkey but worry about them sounding off in the wee hours. My neighbor has several and I don't hear them often but when one gets cranked up it'll bust your eardrums.

Last edited:

gendoc

Master
    between 4 & 5am, one can be serenaded by them (donkey) around here in my area......I have counted 15-18 in one cattle field close by.
    there great for changing coyotes minds about even coming close in the cattle field.
    calf population is wonderful now !!!

Last edited:

ksenter

Master
    Thanks to my parents going out of town and my mother-in-law coming into town, there are currently 6 dogs in my house. Whenever anyone makes a noise inside or outside, one of my MIL's dogs starts barking, which leads to ALL the dogs barking. I'm about to pull my hair out.

pffft, yep, understand.

I'm watching the sister-in-law's dog over the weekend. Just another mini-weiner dog. However, last night about 1030 she snuck into the babies nursery and started barking at sleeping baby. Woke up baby in a crying fit, not a fun way to be woke up. That dog knew by my body language and voice that she was in trouble. Picture this, a weiner dog, no more than 2-3 inches off the floor to begin with, slithering through the house into her kennel no more than 1/4" off the floor dragging ass, bwahahahaha. It was rather amusing to watch. I felt bad that she was in trouble and knew it and felt threatened enough to slither through the house to her kennel (I would never hit a dog), but felt even worse for my daughter who had been scared awake. arghhh!!!!

Top Bottom