• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    I must be an idiot, but I can't place a New Walmart at 9 mile and 29...I know they just opened one at 9 mile and pine Forrest.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Tell us more Farook. Lots of hot babe's walking around? I haven't had a chance to go there yet. I hear they will carry a limited supply of firearms but decent ammo selection. There's been some rumors that they'll only sell .22lr with a 3 box limit.

i have not seen .22lr in ensley in well over a year..

Seanpcola

I was screwing with Farook but wife and I bought 12 boxes of CCI in there last week. I stopped to look for ZQ1 7.62 and the sales guy mentioned he had just gotten a shipment in of .22lr. I bought three, wife bought three, we went to electronics, came back and did the routine again. This was around 11 AM Saturday morning.

Seanpcola

I must be an idiot, but I can't place a New Walmart at 9 mile and 29...I know they just opened one at 9 mile and pine Forrest.

I believe Farook was just screwing around so I ran with it. There is no new one except for the food store at 9 Mile and Pine Forest Rd.

Either Farook mistyped the location or he was being a smartass. Knowing him I assumed smartass.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    35 quadrillion Zimbabwean dollars is worth one U.S. dollar, or put otherwise... US$1 = Z$35,000,000,000,000,000.

shootnstarz

Master
    35 quadrillion Zimbabwean dollars is worth one U.S. dollar, or put otherwise... US$1 = Z$35,000,000,000,000,000.

If you know the whole story of this country and what happened to it then you'll see that a certain big eared kenyan is trying to do the same to this one.

Before it was Zimbabwe is was called Rhodesia. Rhodesia was the bread basket of Africa, it produced enough food to feed most of the people there and was a thriving economy where everybody that wanted to work had a job.

However, most of these farms were owned and run by white folk, the ulta minority there. Well, this just couldn't be so after a bloody civil war the black majority won over the entire country, divided up the white folk's property and renamed the country Zimbabwe. The country is now starving and the rest is history.

The parallels between the degradation of Rhodesia and what's happening here are staggering.

Rick

shootnstarz

Master
    I was kicking around the idea of possibly a forum tubing or canoe trip on one of the local rivers this summer. It's been decades since I went on a trip down the river so I'm not up on what all's involved or the cost. Maybe have a cookout along the way.

Anybody up for this? Anybody know details about the vendors that do these adventures?

Rick

wildrider666

Master
    I got two unsolicited offers to do "Security work" in Rhodesia as things were escalating. First time I heard of a sign on bonus an it was eye popping to me. I was in stripes not bars at the time and had a few month left on that enlistment. Got some G2 on the situation then turned down the offer. The minority Gov may have kept them fed and had a better economy but that does not equal freedom. Would we give up freedoms for the same? Don't we have a Government that wants to control every facet of our lives while eliminating our rights?

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    I believe Farook was just screwing around so I ran with it. There is no new one except for the food store at 9 Mile and Pine Forest Rd.

Either Farook mistyped the location or he was being a smartass. Knowing him I assumed smartass.

Sorry. Mistyped the location.. Thanks for correcting it..

MAXman

Master
    I got two unsolicited offers to do "Security work" in Rhodesia as things were escalating. First time I heard of a sign on bonus an it was eye popping to me. I was in stripes not bars at the time and had a few month left on that enlistment. Got some G2 on the situation then turned down the offer. The minority Gov may have kept them fed and had a better economy but that does not equal freedom. Would we give up freedoms for the same? Don't we have a Government that wants to control every facet of our lives while eliminating our rights?
    When was that, late 70's?
    I'm not up to snuff on African history so that's as much of a guess as anything

Seanpcola

Well, a new chapter in my life begins today. The county voted last night to buy the airport. They're going to tear it down and build a new school. Gonna get real busy for the next few months moving a couple of decades worth of equipment, aircraft, car projects, etc. Gonna get wild.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    you live at an airport?

Top Bottom