• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

It's a weird cold. The humidity seems to slooowwwly creep in. We had both systems shut off at the house yesterday and it was almost hot. I drove up to Auburn yesterday and almost froze, then home where I almost turned on the AC. This morning my house feels like it's freezing inside but the thermometers say otherwise. Heat is on now. Brant, I think your just dealing with this Southern weather. I go through times where I feel like I'm feverish too but it's just your body trying to figure out the inconsistent weather.

Either that or you have Ebola.

JK

Viking1204

Master
    I'll be heading up this afternoon to the hunting camp for the long weekend. Hopefully I see more than just damn Turkeys this time!

Attachments

• LowerFieldTurkeys.jpg
      LowerFieldTurkeys.jpg
      488.1 KB · Views: 134

Seanpcola

Power just went off in Beulah for about 10 minutes. Facebook lights off. Zombie apocalypse or jihad?

Or JWLINEMAN dropped a pair of pliers on a transformer?

J/K I want to say thanks to JW and all the line guys that bust their asses in good and horrible weather to keep the important things going.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    I'll be working nights next week Mr. Sean, you can cuss me then. Lol ;)

Seanpcola

I'll be working nights next week Mr. Sean, you can cuss me then. Lol ;)

I can assure you that the next time my power goes off for 10 minutes right in the middle of me watching Netflix I will be blowing up your phone. Why, it took another three minutes for my wifi to boot up, another 2 for me to get my Chromecast on line and another minute for me to get my movie rockin'. What do you think this is, the 1930s? Oh, and that doesn't include having to reset the clocks. Dammit, I ain't got time for that crap. What if Dan1612 put one of his 1911s on here for $200 and I missed it because I couldn't get on here? You gonna make it up to me?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Get use to It Sean, my neighborhood losses power more than anywhere in the Gulf Power network, never seen anything like it.

Seanpcola

And I was being facetious Frank. I've live on my road for 9 years and in this house for 5, which is about a mile from the first place. I've lost power twice. One time it was up in two minutes, the other time took 45. The last time was when my neighbor had a killer party and one of the guests left, drove down the wrong road and hit a power pole wide ass open thinking they were on the on ramp to I-10. I have NO complaints. Now, AT&T sucks. I had their service for one month and lost connection 25 out of those 30 days, they had crews up and down this road for a month. If the phone and cable people worked like the power guys I wouldn't have a thing in the world to complain about. Ever.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    And I was not...lol If there is no power the cable guys don't stand a chance. We are one of the few underground utility areas and the oldest, even w new lines installed there is no backup like a "second leg"? that keeps the power up after just a flicker, that or it does not work. But we are moving so will see what issues will be at the new place, always an adventure.

Ryan

Master
    Had a guy get out of his car and start yelling at me this morning at a red light..because my government vehicle is a Hyundai and its owned by communists and I'm a pig and anti American and every cuss word about ten times. I'm sure he's very friendly and has tons of friends. Days like these wish that military could CCW . I spend 3 days a week on the road for work and after hours calls. I don't think he gets that GSA chooses the cars..maybe he thinks I get to go to the dealer and buy stuff.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    I don't get it either Ryan. What makes us so untrustworthy once we cross that gate in the morning as to we can't be trusted to carry a CCW? Deployed I can carry grenades, machine guns, 1000's of rounds of ammo and I'm good to go. But here I can't be trusted with a CCW. I just don't get it?

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Power just went off in Beulah for about 10 minutes. Facebook lights off. Zombie apocalypse or jihad?

Or JWLINEMAN dropped a pair of pliers on a transformer?

J/K I want to say thanks to JW and all the line guys that bust their asses in good and horrible weather to keep the important things going.

Probably a zombie jihad!

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    So I should be at work right now. But I'm home. My drains all backed up last night(2nd time now in a week). Last time happened a week ago. Gotta love this shit!

Ryan

Master
    I don't think the guy realizes that Gsa buys the cars for us...
    Since it's plain sight and not a sec or anything our front gate doesn't have anyone who is armed or carrying anything...I feel more safe outside our base.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Wonder how the same dude would react if you were driving a new Cadillac CTS with government plates?

I doubt it would be much different from his Hyundai reaction.

Not that I would advocate anything illegal, but a G26 in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster fits and carries well in the front pocket of BDU/ABU/ACU type pants. :whistle:

madeSICC88

Master
    Its my wife and I's anniversary today, we had planned on doing dinner and all that stuff tomorrow so we could get a babysitter and have the night to ourselves instead of taking the kids but I just remembered there is a UFC card on tomorrow....I told her that we should do our stuff tonight instead and she asked why. I dont really want to tell her that its because i want to watch the fights and get drunk.

Some real tough decisions I have in front of me.

Seanpcola

I like beer.

Good call Brant! You reminded me I drank my last one for dinner last night. Momma's headed to Walmart and I forgot to put it on the list. Whew, that was close. I would have hated to make her drive all the way back out there tonight.

Ok, not really but it wouldn't have been down to optimum temperature when I walked in the door. And, it's Friday too. Could have ruined the tone for the whole weekend.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Its my wife and I's anniversary today, we had planned on doing dinner and all that stuff tomorrow so we could get a babysitter and have the night to ourselves instead of taking the kids but I just remembered there is a UFC card on tomorrow....I told her that we should do our stuff tonight instead and she asked why. I dont really want to tell her that its because i want to watch the fights and get drunk.

Some real tough decisions I have in front of me.

Yeah, don't tell her that....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom