• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southalabama

Master
    Cluster or conspiracy or little or both? I’m undecided at this point.

Remember what happened to the local cop on the movie Shooter? If reality is anything like the movie he won’t fare well. Besides the humiliation.

jimbonecrusher

Shooter
    I am the same. I'm undecided. A really good friend of mine, whom I've know for more than 15 years, is an agent. We would talking yesterday about this situation. Then today it is radio silence. Not a single response to my messages. I know it is all about following policy and not saying anything that can't be said. One day I might get a bit more of the story.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    One of these two kids is supposed to be either Crooks, or the other guy. Or he'll both I dunno lol. I just found it extra crazy if Blackrock is even remotely involved lul. Here's a screenshot of what they said was him

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240714_190915_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20240714_190915_Gallery.jpg
      77.2 KB · Views: 53

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Saw this. Haven’t had time to check validity. Thought it was interesting. Seems to validate some points and match the video with the two rooftop counter snipers in the background:

IMG_7999.jpeg

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    serious questions to be asked and answered... i would have had that building covered, who wouldn't have? it was the only building in the damn area for crying out loud

ccc

Master
    serious questions to be asked and answered... i would have had that building covered, who wouldn't have? it was the only building in the damn area for crying out loud
    It was a complacency issue I feel, nothing is going to happen, we have been here before, I am bored, when is this going to be over, OH SHIT SHOOTER !!!!!!!!

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Saw this. Haven’t had time to check validity. Thought it was interesting. Seems to validate some points and match the video with the two rooftop counter snipers in the background:

View attachment 294734
    Did he get the order or he heard a shot and took it?
    What can really be done to you if you shoot when not directed? Not like they can get him for murder lol. Idk. Too many stories in the book at this point.

DAS HUGH!

Master

View attachment 294734
    This almost has to be true. Very hard for them to not see all that going on. If you watch the footage they're already pointed at him before they fire back also. It's not like they reacted and panned over to see the sniper.
    What I can't understand is why wasn't the sniper teams comms tied to the SS on the ground. They would have known to at least get Trump safe at the first mention of a shooter

jimbonecrusher

Shooter

View attachment 294734
    I'm not saying anything against you posting this, but that's not counter sniper behavior. All LEOs have the authorization to eliminate a threat when it arises. They never have to wait for approval from higher or wait until the threat actor takes action. Sniper never wait for a hostage taker to shoot or stab a hostage before taking the shot. When the opportunity presents, the threat is eliminated. If the picture is factual, the Officer should never be a counter sniper again because he can't determine the definition of a threat and his highers need to be relieved for allowing such a situation to happen. Clearly Mission Command was not executed and that's a relievable offense.

Gumby Hunter

Expert
    If it is true he’s not going to be employed any longer. He has POLICE on his vest so I don’t know who he worked for. Don’t think he would have that if he worked for the secret service

jimbonecrusher

Shooter
    This almost has to be true. Very hard for them to not see all that going on. If you watch the footage they're already pointed at him before they fire back also. It's not like they reacted and panned over to see the sniper.
    What I can't understand is why wasn't the sniper teams comms tied to the SS on the ground. They would have known to at least get Trump safe at the first mention of a shooter

They probably weren't tied into the local LEO channel, but rather tied into a USSS net. There should have been a Command Center that had LNOs and Command Section. From there, a video wall showing every available camera angle. There are so many failures in TTPs, actions, and Command. This isn't just because it was Trump. My views are because this happened to a past leader of this country. It should have never happened. With the dynamic state of our country at this moment, it looks too odd.

RaySendero

Shooter
    Also. They have the shooters name messed up. It wasn't the Crooks guy. I came across a video made I guess last night or this morning of him mocking it all, saying he hates Republicans, and Trump, and they got the wrong guy.

The shooter was Thomas Matthew Crooks

Snake-Eyes

Master
    I'm not saying anything against you posting this, but that's not counter sniper behavior. All LEOs have the authorization to eliminate a threat when it arises. They never have to wait for approval from higher or wait until the threat actor takes action. Sniper never wait for a hostage taker to shoot or stab a hostage before taking the shot. When the opportunity presents, the threat is eliminated. If the picture is factual, the Officer should never be a counter sniper again because he can't determine the definition of a threat and his highers need to be relieved for allowing such a situation to happen. Clearly Mission Command was not executed and that's a relievable offense.

Like I said, I didn’t validate it. I was just passing along.

Could be bogus.

Since the whole thing stinks from different angles, I figured tidbits of fact here and there are the path to making some sense of it all, and who knows what is what.

It just seems like a colossal amount of sequential failures, mistakes, oversights, and chance to result in an amateur bad-actor getting within 150yds of Trump with a rifle and connecting with multiple shots, all under the noses of USSS and local LEO.

Top Bottom