• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ksenter

Master
    received and installed new Seekins NOXs handguard/rail today. Install was fairly straightforward and would be super easy for those with standard forged uppers. I did have to do minimal filing, due to the upper being a billet, where the location tabs of the rail slide over the receiver. No big deal, certainly understandable with a billet upper receiver. The rail looks great and is very comfortable in the hand. The only thing Im not raving about it the picatinny design of the rail that runs all the way across the top. The design of the picatinny seems to differ from the standard picatinny that is found on top of the receiver, just a lil weird but functions fine.

Also, my dads parts showed up for his rifle build. I installed lower parts kit and PSA upper onto the lower and was able to get that done for him today as he was visiting. I installed a MI flip up BUIS on the gun and let him have a metal mag to complete the setup. Completed the rifle, sans BUIS and mag, for under $500 including shipping.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Yesterday visited a gun store on N. Ferdon Blvd in Crestview I'd passed by before but never stopped in, AA Tactical. The building looks small from the street but was much bigger on the inside than I would have thought. Good selection of firearms for their size, reasonably priced for this area IMO, and the woman working there was very friendly.

Last edited:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Cleaned all the camo paint of the 6920, re-barreled the upper along with a new FF tube, and installed a CMC flat trigger. Comes in at a svelte 6lbs, .4oz with iron sights and light mounted. Waiting on the MRO to be delivered which along with the Bobro mount will add 6oz to the setup. I can live with a 6 1/2 pound carbine.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Took advantage of the beautiful day today with a trip to Jay's range in Baker.

A group pic of today's participants...

10pmyr9.jpg

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    got in a few more drone guns for the holster shop. Since going "official" to the public, already have orders to fill.

wildrider666

Master
    Finally got a Blue Label G42, $400 OTD with 3rd mag. After testing it will replace my IAI 380 Backup BUG which has been carried for a good part of 25+ years. Always sad when you don't have a mission for your faithful companion and put it in Gun Jail.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    I have a 950BS Jetfire too, and a 21A Bobcat in 22LR. They're alot of fun at the range except for the cost of .25 and .32 ammo being so pricey, as well as .22 hard to find locally at a reasonable price.

w0ot1u.jpg

rtprthd

Master
    Cool. Mine is a 950B, no safety. I've wanted to pocket carry it, but don't feel comfortable carrying cocked and locked w/o a safety.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

rick1967

Shooter
    Reloaded some 7.62x25 hot. I want to break the 1900 fps barrier with the 86 grain bullet out of the cz 52.

wildrider666

Master
    Reloaded some 7.62x25 hot. I want to break the 1900 fps barrier with the 86 grain bullet out of the cz 52.

This round and related myth and fact has been debated for a few decades. I couldn't find what a Proof Load rating was for this one but you may well be poking a hornets nest IMHO. I'd say be safe but good luck may be more appropriate. Lol

rick1967

Shooter
    Thanks. I am now at 12.5 grains of A# 9 and getting 1740 FPS. This afternoon I am going to test with 12.8, 13.0, 13.25 and 13.5 which is the maximum published weight for this load.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Today I sorted 5 coffee cans worth of brass and I'm starting to tumble it all. I thought I was getting a little low on 9mm, until I sorted that brass. I still have a 5 gallon bucket or two in the shed, but I'm not desperate enough to sort that yet.

Top Bottom