• Dan1612

Master
    Finally ordered an MRO.
    Range report next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    The MPSA match was cancelled (I had withdrawn anyway), so I spend Saturday morning cleaning off my workbench and replacing my 2011 magazine springs. I went with Grams springs and followers this time, instead of MBX because I had occasional issues with the MBX springs and followers getting stuck or allowing rounds to get underneath them. I had good luck with Grams in one of my 170's, so I put them in the rest of my mags. The followers required a little bit of filing to keep them from engaging the slide stop, but that only took a few minutes each. I tested them at the range yesterday and they worked flawlessly. I need to go ahead and order several more springs just to have on hand.

Rapier

Marksman
    I hung up 60 soft gun cases and gun rugs on my twisted steel galvanized clothes line wire, hung below the ceiling using 1/4 inch eye lag bolts. I bought all the shower curtain hooks they had at the Dollar General here in Destin and then I ran out of hooks, rats. Now I need to go get some more curtain hooks. That curtain hook suggestion works good by the way, thanks.
    Ed

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    I installed quick flap magnetic doors on my harley bike hard lowers. The bike is getting a little more attention this year then the guns..

Dead Eye Luke

Shooter
    I built some holsters for orders and then built a holster and mag carrier for my new Kimber Super Carry Pro. I then found it necessary to shoot a couple of mags of FMJ. I've only shot about 50 rounds through it and I'm still breaking it in.20170110_145146.jpg

Attachments

• 20170110_145146.jpg
      20170110_145146.jpg
      548.9 KB · Views: 180

Daezee

Master
    Finished loading 480 .38 special 110gr Frangible bullet loads for my brother so he and his wife can shoot steel at a bit closer range. Testing them on a steel plate with cardboard 4" in front of the steel showed NO fragments bouncing towards the cardboard.

I have not done anything gun related in quite some time. Today, I received five original M16 safety selectors (no-tick) for some of my retro builds I have done. I overlooked these safeties when I built about four of my retros and accidentally installed later M16A2 safety selectors (of which I modified). I spent about five or six minutes changing out these safety selectors. Now, I have three modified M16A2 safety selectors to use on something else. Anyhow, I just thought I would share.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    I have not done anything gun related in quite some time. Today, I received five original M16 safety selectors (no-tick) for some of my retro builds I have done. I overlooked these safeties when I built about four of my retros and accidentally installed later M16A2 safety selectors (of which I modified). I spent about five or six minutes changing out these safety selectors. Now, I have three modified M16A2 safety selectors to use on something else. Anyhow, I just thought I would share.
    Excellent stuff Tackleberry, you have some cool retro gear.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    My PSA FN CHF chrome lined 1/7 twist 10.5" upper arrived. Cleaned the bore and then test fired it in the yard...functioned perfectly for the few shots fired, locking the bolt back on the empty mags used.

ksenter

Master
    not "today" but recent I started the 10.5" 300blk upper build. Got the barrel temporarily installed in the upper and have ordered a Strike Ind. dust cover door, charging handle, and forward assist to complete the upper. Will still need a BCG, hanguard assembly, and 51t muzzle device to complete. Follow-up will be a lower and a form 4 (form 4 right?) to SBR.

Daezee

Master
    not "today" but recent I started the 10.5" 300blk upper build. Got the barrel temporarily installed in the upper and have ordered a Strike Ind. dust cover door, charging handle, and forward assist to complete the upper. Will still need a BCG, hanguard assembly, and 51t muzzle device to complete. Follow-up will be a lower and a form 4 (form 4 right?) to SBR.

Form 1 to make a SBR yourself.

Gas Port

Master
    I disassembled my Dillon progressive reloading press last night for a good cleaning and bearing upgrade. It was very dirty. I picked up two Herters' presses over the past year and thinking about setting one up to de-cap and one to size cast bullets. Decisions- Decisions.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I disassembled my Dillon progressive reloading press last night for a good cleaning and bearing upgrade. It was very dirty. I picked up two Herters' presses over the past year and thinking about setting one up to de-cap and one to size cast bullets. Decisions- Decisions.

I need to clean and lube my 1050 before I load anymore on it. It's got over 10K rounds on it since I got it last March (?) and hasn't been properly lubed in that time. That may be a project for this coming Sunday or Saturday after the MPSA match.

I booked my hotel room this morning for the AL Sectional in Dothan in March.

After swapping out safety selectors yesterday and having three M16A2 safety selectors with no homes and since I was slightly bored this morning, I decided to swap out some safeties with those. I swapped those safeties into my basic M4 clone, my M16A2 clone, and a basic M16A4 clone. Now, these are one notch closer towards being more correct.

Daezee

Master
    My PSA FN CHF chrome lined 1/7 twist 10.5" upper arrived. Cleaned the bore and then test fired it in the yard...functioned perfectly for the few shots fired, locking the bolt back on the empty mags used.

A friend let me use his nearby private range. Tested a few loads I had on hand. 3 out of the 5 loads tried shot nice, so I swapped out my current "ammo test scope" with the less magnification shorter scope I planned on for this SBR upper and got it sighted in. This was one of the easiest testing and sighting in's I've ever done. It's now sighted in with my 50gr frangible load so I can shoot both close range steel and whatever plinking targets are on hand.

Forgot the battery for my portable fan I use for bbl cooling between groups, so I drove the car beside the shooting bench, attached jumper cables to the car battery, and attached the 12 volt fan cord to the jumper cables.

Also took a baseline throat measurement so I can keep track of throat wear. Life is great!

Members online

Top Bottom